welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216
CRUTCHFIELD

HEAD OFFICE:
Formx
DrunkenTeddy
TheDangaZone
SwegKingu

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
Dan^2
Zoone16
Evok

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn
FourFour

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
JayWhy

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Toivo
Storm

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
JR95
Wongy

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead

Seattle Riot:
Samee

Texas Renegades:
Dankoa
JumpierPegasus

Winnipeg Jets:
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
TheDangaZone
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
Keygan
ErM

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Raptors:
InciteHysteria
FlappyGiraffe

Kelowna Knights:
NourFFAK
Thunder39

Prince George Firebirds:
Sleepy
ml002

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 41st Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Calgary Dragons for winning the Season 40 Challenge Cup, and the Kelowna Knights for winning the Season 40 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) .reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» S35 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects Thread
WinGretzky
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 08:12 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2653
Rep: 3 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Bar Downski
Player Position: RW
Link to Profile: Player / Update
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 4 - I plan logging on multiple times through the week. Other than spending time with my wife, working, playing golf or hockey, I'm usually on the computer.
What kind of player do you want to build? A reliable TWF. I want to contribute on the offensive side of the puck as a shooter but also keep the puck out of our net.
Why should Vancouver draft you? I hope to be the type of player teams can build around.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? I'm hoping to learn from the veterans wherever I can and be a leader on the team in terms of +/-. Lets not forget about putting the puck in the net a fair amount as well.
Do you know any players from the league? Not yet!
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I'm a laid back guy. I love hockey, video games, and golf.
Who is your favorite NHL team?New Jersey Devils! (LETS GOOOOOOOO)
Post you favorite .gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by WinGretzky: Jun 1 2017, 08:14 PM

--------------------

user posted image
Sig by: Wasty <3

user posted image

user posted image | user posted image
Yeah, f*** off buddy we absolutely need more Downski clips. F***in every time this kid steps on the ice someone scores. kids f***in dirt nasty man. Does f***in ovi have 16 goals this season I dont f***in think so bud. I'm f***in tellin ya Bar "golden mustache* Downski is pottin 50 in '17 f***in callin it right now. Clap bombs, f*** moms, wheel, snipe, and f***in celly boys f***!!!!

.pm    .email   
^
prettyburn
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 10:17 AM
.quote   

S23, S30, S31, S33, S39 Challenge Cup Champion

Bank Manager
Member ID: 1159
Rep: 118 pts

N/A

Player Name: Isak Ødegård

Player Position: Defense

Link to Profile: Link

Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day)
4/5 - I'm always reachable by PM and discord, and on a ton during the week, but sometimes a bit quieter on weekends

What kind of player do you want to build?
I listed him as OFD because one of my goals with him is to be a goal-scorer after playing more of a playmaking and physical player last time around. But realistically, I won't sacrifice defense, so he'll be more of a TWD build.

Why should Vancouver draft you?
Because I've been around the site for three years and still haven't lost interest. I get along with almost everyone - on a team that's often looked down on by outsiders, I've always been one of the people who was liked and respected even in the midst of the lilluminati hatred. I know the workings of the SHL extremely well, and can be a great mentor to the rest of the team if needed, but I also really enjoy just chatting with folks.

What are your goals for your first SMJHL season?
I only played one season in juniors my first time around, and in general my goal is to get a much more in-depth juniors experience this time around. First season my goal is to help the team do as well as we can - if we get a cup out of it or Isak does especially well that's a bonus, but I've been through rebuilds before and as a PWF Russell took forever to become an elite player, so I understand the process and the need for patience. As long as we have fun as a team, become a fairly close knit group, and it feels like both the team and the GMs are doing their best, then I'll look at the season as a success even if it doesn't show up on the stats sheet.

Do you know any players from the league?
I have no idea who any of you people are http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0049.gif

How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies!
I walk the line between introverted and extroverted, sometimes I need time to myself but most of the time I love being social and chatting with folks. Obviously I'm a huge hockey fan, but I'd say my other big obsession these days is the show Critical Role - it's just a weekly twitch stream of a group of voice actors playing Dungeons & Dragons, but it's one of the best stories and most entertaining things I've ever come across. I've started playing D&D regularly because of that inspiration - I'm also a gamer in general, although I've had less time for video games lately than I'd like.

Who is your favorite NHL team?
Bruins, although I'm fairly easy going - I love my team the most, but I'm pretty open to enjoying other teams as long as they're not playing against us. I'm also an AHL fan, and go to about 15 games in Providence each year - I was pleasantly surprised when we made it to the conference finals this year, although the Crunch kind of destroyed us.

Post your favorite .gif
user posted image

--------------------
Profile | Updates
Team Norway
Vancouver Whalers Alum

Sigs by too many lovely people to list - please ask!
.pm   
^
Anti-Hype
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 08:20 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2696
Rep: 2 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Mark Ruggeri

Player Position: Defensemen

Link to Profile: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=79464

Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being
every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day)
5 mostly

What kind of player do you want to build? TWD, real tough physical guy.

Why should Vancouver draft you? I plan on being very active and im a great presence in the locker room.

I expect my first season to be largely a learning experience but I expect to make an impact where I can http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0021.gif

HFFO, Zoone, a lot of people from the NSFL

How would you describe your personality? Despite my username i'm pretty overly excited. I have to stop myself from using excessive exclamation marks!
Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Video games, grilling, music festivals, and cracking a cold one with the boys.

Who is your favorite NHL team? Pens.

Post you favorite .gif user posted image

--------------------
Player PagelUpdate Page
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
.pm   
^
spooked
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 08:36 PM
.quote   

S39 Challenge Cup Champion

SMJHL GM
Member ID: 2462
Rep: 21 pts

N/A

best management on the site right here, be happy if you get picked up by the whalegods ♥

--------------------
user posted image
ProfileUpdates
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

.pm   
^
Ghost
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 09:40 PM
.quote   

S36 & S40 Challenge Cup Champion

Graphic Graders
Member ID: 2262
Rep: 33 pts

N/A

QUOTE (spooked @ Jun 3 2017, 06:36 PM)
best management on the site right here, be happy if you get picked up by the whalegods ♥

http://aussielapidaryforum.com/forum/Smileys/classic/cheers.gif http://aussielapidaryforum.com/forum/Smileys/classic/cheers.gif

--------------------

user posted image
.pm   
^
FiveForHowling
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 07:25 AM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2229
Rep: 2 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Leo Steuri
Player Position: LW
Link to Profile: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=79411&hl=
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 5
What kind of player do you want to build? Goal scoring winger who can be physical and play in his own zone.
Why should Vancouver draft you? I'll help fire up your offense and be effective defensively too.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? To try and contribute to a winning team, I'd like to have a strong individual season and score some goals.
Do you know any players from the league? There are a few names I recognize from my time here before but not any people I would say I know well.
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Fun and laid back. I'm a big fan of hockey, Netflix and hanging out with friends.
Who is your favorite NHL team? Yotes!

--------------------
user posted image
.pm   
^
schewbacca
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 08:50 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2664
Rep: 1 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Chase Byron
Player Position: Offensive Dman
Link to Profile: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showuser=2664
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 5 most weeks. 4 some weeks.
What kind of player do you want to build? A tyson barrie with better defense.
Why should Vancouver draft you? If they are looking for someone who is a perfectionist and won't stop till he is one of the best, then you should draft me.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? development. Just trying to build the best player I can.
Do you know any players from the league? nope
How would you describe your personality? I'm the kind of person who is quiet at first and then once I start to get to know people I am pretty fun to chill with. My favorite hobbies are anything sports and drawing. I interested in anything hockey and comedy.
Who is your favorite NHL team? Colorado avalanche
Post you favorite .gif THIS GIF

This post has been edited by schewbacca: Jun 4 2017, 08:55 PM
.pm    .email   
^
Raging_Russian
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 11:15 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2670
Rep: 0 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name:
Mikhail Kapralov

Player Position:
RW

Link to Profile:
Here

Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being
every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day)

What kind of player do you want to build?
The greatest Russian sniper to ever play

Why should Vancouver draft you?
Want a Russian sniper that just scores when ever you want him to? Well I've got some news for you! Mikhail Kapralov will solve that problem right away! Draft him before it's too late!

To grow make learn from the older guys and become a go to guy.

Nope

How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies!
I'm pretty quiet, but I'm trying to get away from that. Love hockey. Could name mostly every player on every team. Love to cook and got a dog.

Minnesota Wild

Post you favorite .gif
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image

.pm   
^
Chewbacca
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 07:46 AM
.quote   

Pls giv potat

Members
Member ID: 1505
Rep: 24 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Dawong Ho
Player Position: the D
Link to Profile: D - Dawong Ho
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 3.5
What kind of player do you want to build? Double D
Why should Vancouver draft you? Cause my last player was here for 4 days.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Get hits, get blocked shots, some assists, a cup or two would be nice.
Do you know any players from the league? Ye
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I'm an inactive asshole with shitty, cancerous humour. I read books, watch TV series, go on trips with my friends, time to time play some oldschool games cause I'm broke af and my PC is shit.
Who is your favorite NHL team? I don't watch NHL.
Post you favorite .gif
user posted image

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
Arigatou to all my homies
.pm   
^
Evok
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 05:20 PM
.quote   

N/A

Simmer
Member ID: 2699
Rep: 41 pts

N/A

Player Name: Hey My name is Cody Fletcher !

Player Position: I am a Left wing Sniper

Link to Profile: You can find it here

Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 : I hope i can hold a solid 4 but it most likely won't be lower than 3.

What kind of player do you want to build? I want to build a good strong sniper

Why should Vancouver draft you? The team have a great history and it would be an honnor to wear the jersey. I hope to bring a good attitude in the locker room as well.

What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? My first goal is to bring to the table as much as i can for any team that will draft me. I want to help them reach the Four Star Cup !

Do you know any players from the league? I actually don't know a lot of old player but i am getting along with rookies of my class.

How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I am the type of person who's vocal and lead by example. I believe the best way to show other what's attitude to have is to have it yourself. I am however reserved out of work activities and enjoy some time reading.

Lets go habs !

Post you favorite .gif
enjoy !

--------------------
Profile | Updates
Halifax Raiders
Team Ireland
.pm   
^
Whikadoodle
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 07:26 PM
.quote   

S23 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 1250
Rep: 178 pts

N/A

Player Name: Chippy Chiclets
Player Position: D
Link to Profile: See Sig
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 5
What kind of player do you want to build? OFD, puck-moving defenseman.
Why should Vancouver draft you? Because I'm awesome.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? 4 Star Cup; most PP Goals.
Do you know any players from the league? Yes!
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Friendly dude, loves punk music, wrestling, and drinking over Discord.
Who is your favorite NHL team? Hawks

--------------------

user posted image
Player Profile\\\///Update Profile
Proud Member of the #Crew
user posted image user posted image

S23 Challenge Cup Winner
S35 Four Star Cup Winner

.pm   
^
easymoneysniper
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 10:20 PM
.quote   

N/A

SHL Media Graders
Member ID: 1379
Rep: 69 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Matthew Rossi
Player Position: C
Link to Profile:
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 4
What kind of player do you want to build? Offensive Forward
Why should Vancouver draft you? Because I'm the goat Sterling Knight
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Improve
Do you know any players from the league? Ye
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Basketball and Music
Who is your favorite NHL team? Toronto
Post you favorite .gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

.pm    .email   
^
Inf1d3l
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 04:55 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2656
Rep: 3 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Cloud McCarthy
Player Position: D
Link to Profile: Cloud McCarthy
Rate your activity on a scale of 1-5 (1 being rarely/never, 2 being once a week, 3 being every other day, 4 being most days of the week, 5 being multiple times each day) 3-4
What kind of player do you want to build? A sturdy Defenseman that can make a 1-0 lead stay that way, and can also distribute the puck effectively
Why should Vancouver draft you? I'm a new player looking to learn, and work with the team and management to be an effective player, and winner.
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? Grow my skills and characters, and receive any advice I may along the way.
Do you know any players from the league? I do not.
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! Im quiet at first but become quite outgoing in time. I enjoy reading, tv, movies, fishing, and golfing. I work long hours during the week so my online time gets spoty occasionally but i do my best.
Who is your favorite NHL team? Penguins
Post you favorite .gif
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
.pm   
^
CaptainCrazy
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 04:04 AM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2216
Rep: 0 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Mierwaldis Frīdrihs Ozoliņš
Player Position: RW
Link to Profile: Here
What kind of player do you want to build? Offensive Forward
Why should Vancouver draft you? I don't know
What are your goals for your first SMJHL season? I want to get palying time
Do you know any players from the league? Yes
How would you describe your personality? Tell us about your interests and hobbies! I'm selfish, I'm playing saxophone
Who is your favorite NHL team? Buffallo Sabres
Post you favorite .gif

--------------------
user posted image

.pm   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Vancouver Whalers | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (3) 1 2 3  .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll