welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Zoone16
Evok

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
Joester09

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 40th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Minnesota Chiefs for winning the Season 39 Challenge Cup, and the St. Louis Scarecrows for winning the Season 39 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) .locked    .new topic    .new poll   

» S31 Wolfpack Interested Prospects
Paige
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 12:32 AM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2243
Rep: 5 pts

N/A
N/A

1. What are your long term goals for your player? Short term goals?

Long term, I want to become a better 2-way defenseman and level up my defensive play. I'm mostly known as a goon around here who can kind of score goals, so I'm hoping to become better known as a defenseman first.

2. Do you want to move up to the SHL immediately? Play one or more seasons in juniors? Open to either?

I've loved every minute of playing for the Halifax Raiders, so I'd love to play more seasons in juniors. Of course I'd be open to moving up, but I'm looking at about ~255 TPE as of this week and I think especially after winning the Four Star Cup this season really helped us become closer together.

3. What's most important to you in an SHL team? Would you rather be on a winning team, or a close-knit and active one? What else differentiates a team you'd want to play on?

Definitely a close-knit and active one. I know I'm not hugely active on the SHL site itself, but ask any of the Lil Brigadiers or the Halifax LR and I'm pretty active on those Discord chats. I'm a full time student with two internships so I'm very (very very) busy, so it's easier for me to update weekly and then keep up to date through the Discord app on my phone on the go than always being on my laptop.

4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war?

I'm definitely willing to start conversations. I think I'm a natural leader. I was voted in as alternate captain this past season on the Raiders, and I pretty much run the podcast that Pris and Nebs and I do (Brigade League Podcast), so I'd like to think I'm more of a leader.

5. How did you find out about the SHL? What's your favorite part about this site?

I found out through Jenny on Twitter. I'd known a few Lil Brigadiers for awhile on Twitter and I guess I just found out at an opportune time. I joined right at the offseason going into S30, so I had a whole summer to get into SHL. My favorite part is hanging out with the rest of Lil Brigade and my team in the LR/Discord. Of course winning is great, but it's the people that make SHL what it is.

6. What's something you want to do in the SHL that you haven't gotten to do yet? What are you most proud of in your SMJHL career to date?

I'm definitely most proud of this past playoffs. I never imagined we would actually win the Cup, but we did and it was absolutely amazing being in that locker room for it. I've met some amazing people on the Raiders, and I love it there. I never imagined I would've been voted in as alternate captain, and even starting a pretty well-liked podcast on the site was so much fun. In the future I think I'd like to take on a bigger role on the site, but I'm very busy at the moment so just sitting back as a player is still so much fun.

7. How active are you on the SHL? What's something that could drop your activity levels in the future?

I'm active enough to check in every week and update and record/edit podcasts and write the occasional article, but I'm also a full-time student with several commitments on-campus so it's hard for me to access the site on the go, so updating on Discord chats is a lot easier to do in-between classes.

8. Tell me something about yourself! What do you do when you're not on the SHL? What's your favorite hockey team, and how did you get into the sport? Or something completely unrelated to hockey.

I'm a total Dungeons and Dragons nerd. I'm an on-air radio DJ and producer! I've been a student radio DJ for going on three years now. I also help run my university's flagship social media accounts, so I get to go around campus and Snapchat some cool events going on around campus to thousands of people.

I got into hockey the week I got my wisdom teeth out my senior year of high school. I was under some heavy pain medication, and the next thing I know I'm watching a Red Wings vs Bruins game for some unknown reason, and then I was hooked. I'm from Chicago but I'm a Hurricanes, Sharks and Stars fan. I also love women's hockey and the NWHL. I own an Amanda Kessel jersey. I cannot ice skate.

I also have a son aka my pet cactus named Kaptain Kool Kat the Kaktus.

9. What's one reason the Pack should draft you? What's one reason we shouldn't?

One reason you should draft me is that I think I'm a pretty good part of the locker room and I think I have a pretty unique personality.

One reason you shouldn't is probably my activity level is on the lower side. I'm a busy college student who doesn't get a ton of free time, so it gets difficult posting around the site when I'm in class or doing homework or at work, but it's easier with LR stuff especially if it's on a chat like Discord and I can respond immediately from my phone.

10. On a scale of 1-10 how would you feel about being drafted by the New England Wolfpack?

10, definitely. My #1 choice by far.

11. Are you familiar with anybody on the Wolfpack?

I think it's easier to just say I'm in Lil Brigade than to start listing people.

12. Do you have any questions for the Pack? (Feel free to PM us if you'd prefer)

What are you looking for going into this season? Do you need defensemen, or will you need them in the future? What do you look for in a future prospect?

--------------------
user posted image
click > player page | updates
sigs by jenny & lizzy | icon by lizzy | @iversen74

user posted image
.pm    .email   
^
Eggy216
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 01:42 PM
.quote   

S30, S31 and S33 Challenge Cup Champion and Wonderbolt

Commissioner
Member ID: 1765
Rep: 212 pts

N/A

any last minute posts?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image Jasper Clayton user posted image Update Page user posted image Twitter user posted image Advice for Rookies user posted image

Proud Alumni of user posted image user posted image user posted image

QUOTE (KezKincaid @ Oct 10 2015, 11:43 PM)
Just once I'd like to read a thread which Eggy didn't hijack to make about himself. You'd think he was Caillean.

QUOTE (Waters @ Dec 6 2016, 11:07 PM)
when eggy, of all people, is unironically roasting you, i think you need to reevaluate what the fuck you're doing

QUOTE (SwegKingu @ Jan 13 2017, 06:10 PM)
Seriously, fuck this whole NEW team and fuck this sim forever.
.pm   
^
.bojo
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 01:45 PM
.quote   

Just Monika

Bank Manager
Member ID: 1157
Rep: 506 pts

N/A
Snake Champion!

No

--------------------
.pm    .email    .website   
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | New England Wolfpack | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  .locked    .new topic    .new poll