1. What are your long term goals for your player? Short term goals?
short term: develop offensively!
long term: become a consistent 2-way top-four defenseman
2. Do you want to move up to the SHL immediately? Play one or more seasons in juniors? Open to either?
I definitely want to stay one more season (at least?) in the SMJHL. i think i need to develop more, and also the Militia is losing a lot of our team next year and I want to be there for them.
3. What's most important to you in an SHL team? Would you rather be on a winning team, or a close-knit and active one? What else differentiates a team you'd want to play on?
I'd rather be on an active, closeknit team for sure! That's definitely one of the most important things for me. I want the team to care but I don't mind if we're not winning, as long as we're having a good time.
4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war?
I'm not always good at chatting but sometimes i can be! i do like to pay attention and follow along and keep up to date with locker room shenanigans. I'm definitely willing to be chatty but i'm not always 100% of the time.
5. How did you find out about the SHL? What's your favorite part about this site?
rrireal recruited me! i love talking hockey in a place that's a little less fraught (mostly) than hockey in real life. i've definitely met some cool people with who i have not hockey interests in common (HAMILTON MUSICAL FANS WUT). i also really like the d&d aspect and the strategy around player creation and progression.
6. What's something you want to do in the SHL that you haven't gotten to do yet? What are you most proud of in your SMJHL career to date?
I want to score a goal! my player has been more passing focused, and i really want to work on his offensive side. i also think i will sign up to do a pbp next season, it looked really fun.
the last couple games of the final, we played really well as a team and my player had noticeable impact (eyyyyy) at both ends of the ice. i was super proud of that--definitely could see my player was going in a direction i wanted him to.
7. How active are you on the SHL? What's something that could drop your activity levels in the future?
i was a little inconsistent last season, but now that school is out i'll definitely be around more, and also regularly, probably around a 7 in activity level. i anticipate being more consistent in the future as well. While school is in session i hope to continue to be consistent even if my activity level drops a little--hopefully this semester was an outlier.
8. Tell me something about yourself! What do you do when you're not on the SHL? What's your favorite hockey team, and how did you get into the sport? Or something completely unrelated to hockey.
my fave teams are the penguins and the canucks, and i also love my alma mater team, the colorado college tigers! i play hockey on my current university's club team. in undergrad i played rugby. i also repair books at the school library!
9. What's one reason the Pack should draft you? What's one reason we shouldn't?
-i like to be part of an active locker room and i'm devoted to making my player better
-if there WAS a reason to not draft me, hypothetically, (>.>) then it would be bad form to tell you that
10. What question should I be asking you?
I guess a question I would ask myself is How willing are you to take advice about your build/role on the team? (the answer is "very"! but i think it's important to know what sort of changes a player is willing to go through to help the team).
11. Do you have any questions for the Pack, or for me? (You can also always feel free to PM me, I'm always happy to answer questions and help out.)
not right now! thanks! This post has been edited by mcculloughgulch: May 2 2016, 04:08 PM