welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216
CRUTCHFIELD

HEAD OFFICE:
Formx
DrunkenTeddy
TheDangaZone
SwegKingu

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
Dan^2
Zoone16
Evok

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn
FourFour

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
JayWhy

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Toivo
Storm

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
JR95
Wongy

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead

Seattle Riot:
Samee

Texas Renegades:
Dankoa
JumpierPegasus

Winnipeg Jets:
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
TheDangaZone
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
Keygan
ErM

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Raptors:
InciteHysteria
FlappyGiraffe

Kelowna Knights:
NourFFAK
Thunder39

Prince George Firebirds:
Sleepy
ml002

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 41st Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Calgary Dragons for winning the Season 40 Challenge Cup, and the Kelowna Knights for winning the Season 40 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (11) « First ... 9 10 11  ( Go to first unread post ) .locked    .new topic    .new poll   

» S41 PT #1 - New Wave
cpetrella
 Posted: May 29 2018, 01:55 PM
.quote   

N/A

Player Updaters
Member ID: 2723
Rep: 53 pts

N/A
N/A

When I recreate, a time long down the road since my current player is only about halfway to regression, I will be doing one of two options. Option 1, I make an offensive defenseman, his name being Freddy Snuggles. Freddy Snuggles will be a distant relative of Teddy Cuddles. He will likely be American, but on the off chance he is not, he will probably be Austrian or Norwegian. I would want Freddy Snuggles to be a great powerplay quarterback and to be a fantasy beast, and to be at the top of defensive scoring every season. Freddy would be much different than Teddy. Their position is different, Freddy will not be a bruiser like Teddy, and Freddy will also be much smaller. Another option I am considering is doing brother players with Clint Eastwood. His player would be Maximillian Stroumboulopoulos and mine would be named Earnest Stroumboulopoulos. Clint has become a good friend of mine so creating brother players with him would be a lot of fun. We would try to make our players have great synergy so that when we are playing together, we are playing our best. I know that no matter what I decide to do, it will be a lot if fun and their career will be better than Teddy Cuddles’

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
QUOTE (crutch @ May 30 2018, 10:44 PM)
don't worry, it's just trella, all bark and no bite

.pm   
^
ArGarBarGar
 Posted: May 29 2018, 02:11 PM
.quote   

S39 Challenge Cup Champion

HOF Committee
Member ID: 1352
Rep: 181 pts

N/A

I have no idea what kind of recreate I am going to create. I have thought about my current player and may not even make a player after this one retires, since I don't believe there is a single player I could make that even comes close to what this one was. I have thought about making a super arrogant Italian center who jumps teams every year or so just because he feels like it, and having some weird Italian name. I have also considered making a goalie since there isn't really all that much you have to do other than gain TPE and get good up to 800 or so to actually be good. Which means I don't have to work as hard. Other than that, I do not know at all. Maybe I will make the first one and then jump to a cup contender every single season, then I can get all the Challenge Cups and call myself a winner.

--------------------
2nd in Goals (20 to 1st)
All-Time Assists Leader (696)*
3rd in Hits (248 to 2nd)
All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1688)*
All-Time Points Leader (885)
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
user posted image
League of Accomplished Players
Top 100 Players of Today!
Player Profile | Update Thread
.pm   
^
Nobody
 Posted: May 29 2018, 02:14 PM
.quote   

N/A

IIHF Federation Head
Member ID: 2868
Rep: 11 pts

N/A
N/A

My next player is still along way off for now but it’s never too early to start thinking about recreates right. As of now I’m leaning towards a goalie for my next player, if not a goalie then a forward would be the second option.
My new player would more than likely be related to Bob Bergen, most likely his brother, and name would be something such as Ben Bergen. Of course he would be from the UK still. As far as Ben’s story it would be very similar to bob being his brother and all that. However it would be Bob that introduced Ben to hockey and taught him to play, Bob has supported Ben throughout his hockey journey so when Ben enters the league it’s likely/hopeful he’ll be at an even higher skill level than Bob was. A lot has been learnt so far with Bob, and hopefully ben’s career starts off just as well.

--------------------
user posted image

Player Page
Player Updates
Banker (NEW/TOR/WKP)
.pm   
^
Winter is Coming
 Posted: May 29 2018, 02:22 PM
.quote   

S35 Challenge Cup Champion || DELETE

Rookie Mentor Committee
Member ID: 1663
Rep: 84 pts

N/A

I honestly have not given a lot of thought about my next player since McGregor is quite new and will be around for awhile. When the time comes to retire him, however, I think he will become an off-ice character and maybe slip into the GM name/role if I want such a position in the SHL down the line.

As for what my next player might be, it’s likely going to be either an offensive winger or an offensive defenseman, depending on what the SHL needs more of at that moment in time. That’s part of the reason why I went with a Center for McGregor, since it was far more in demand and needed by SHL teams. As for nationality, my last two players were part of the Irish, and though I love them dearly, it might be time for a change when the time comes many seasons from now; Russia and Czech are the two nations that most immediately come to mind for my next player. I have no idea what the last name of my next player might be, but It might be cool to share the last name of a great NHL players, such as Jagr or maybe Ovechkin?

CODE
203 words

--------------------
#MADEHISTORY

user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
.pm    .email   
^
pennywise
 Posted: May 29 2018, 02:35 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2965
Rep: 6 pts

N/A
N/A

Even tho my recreation is still far away but I have already thought about what should I do. Like giving my player better name that would suit his nationality or some inside meme(mey-mey) or whatnot some might call it. As scientists have said that humans cannot make up new faces but recreate what is seen somewhere then I will do the same. I will try to genetically enhance this player to he has advantage against his peer. Is it cheating? I think not. As WADA does not really control gene editing. Then this is my chance being the first there is. A real ice breaker for whole industry.

So his name is Reņins Lācis. Born in deepest forest in Latvia of course. Son of local bear tamer and his mother is best blackcurrant balsam brewer in the whole world.As he is pretty bulky then he will definately become a defense man (enforcer?) as noone will get past him either by hitting brick wall or being smashed into smithereens.
Legends says that puck somethimes goes through the goalkeeper.

Parameters: Around 23 earth years old, weights around two and a half potato bags and in some parts of the world is regarded as 7 feet tall.

CODE
204 worlds according to word

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
.pm   
^
MWHazard
 Posted: May 29 2018, 03:33 PM
.quote   

S37 Challenge Cup Champion

SHL GM
Member ID: 2378
Rep: 58 pts

N/A

Weber’s got plenty of time left, but I’m thinking my next player will be a finesse, playmaking two way center. I’m leaning towards joining my Latvian bro LB., but I could be convinced by ztevans and Pris to go for Russia. Those are probably the two frontrunners in terms of nationality. The nationality will dictate the name choice. I’m definitely no expert on Russian or Latvian names, so I’d probably need some suggestions. For a Russian player, I’m fond of names like Slava, Kirill, and Dimitri. Maybe Dimitri Morozov? As for a Latvian name, I always liked this major junior player named Bukarts when he was in the WHL. Perhaps something like Kristofors Bukarts? Markuss Bukarts? I’m just making up names here- no idea of meaning. As I mentioned, I’d go for the two-way archetype, with a passing tendency. I would choose Defense and Passing as strengths, and one of Skating or Puckhandling as the third strength. My player might be best served starting off as a winger and growing into a center role. Regardless, I think it’s a ways away given that Max hasn’t hit regression yet.

--------------------

#GOJETSGO
user posted image
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

PLAYER PAGE user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageUPDATE PAGE
.pm    .email   
^
sarmo
 Posted: May 29 2018, 03:48 PM
.quote   

S2, S5, S12, S39 Challenge Cup Champion and The MVP

Rookie Mentor Committee
Member ID: 5
Rep: 33 pts

N/A

My next player will probably be a flat out offensive forward. Most likely another winger who can facilitate, scoring and handle the puck very well. I might do Nova's son, a young talented offensive minded forward, Hakeem Nova, born in the US just like his dad. He'll be taking from his dad obviously, born into a hockey privileged family with strong roots, with Terrance serving as his role model and guide. The SHL will be destined for a prodigy like Hakeem, who has already shown signs of greatness in front of his dad at a very tender age. His game will be instant offense, with passing, scoring and puckhandling his strengths and checking his weakness. He'll have a unique game that will turn heads and probably draw attention. He'll probably be criticized a lot about his passing and scoring both being strength but Hakeem wont be buying into all that, he'll believe the strengths given to him is what will make him great and more versatile than most SHLers.

--------------------
6'3" 210lbs
Age 27
#7 ~ Right Wing ~ Minnesota Chiefs Alternative
user posted image
(4-0-1) careers fights
.pm   
^
Dude
 Posted: May 29 2018, 03:56 PM
.quote   

N/A

Player Updaters
Member ID: 2805
Rep: 28 pts

N/A
N/A

My next player will be an American pure playmaking center. Là Dude was born and raised on the mean streets of Elmyra, NY. Fending off pimps looking to sell his body, pushers looking for him to pay them his life, his mom trying to take his jeep - Dude found sanctuary in an after school hockey program. Turns out he had a knack for taking draws, dishing pucks, staying in his own lane. Though he narrowly escaped the slums of upstate New York, he clearly has forgotten what it means to be a street rat. With his slick hair and pompous affectations, he is a far cry from his upbringing. In a bid to make 150 words, he also took one boxing class and learned how to throw a punch properly. This led to him thinking he is a god in a scrap even though his fighting is a measly 28 and gets trounced by anyone with a real punch attributing his losses to "I wasn't ready".

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image

QUOTE (Clint Eastwood @ Jun 10 2018, 09:36 AM)
Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.
.pm    .email    .website   
^

c00kies
 Posted: May 29 2018, 04:57 PM
.quote   

S8, S9, S27, S29, S32 Challenge Cup Champion

SHL GM
Member ID: 81
Rep: 94 pts

Breakout Champion!

It's a little too early to be thinking of retirement, since McGavin is years away from entering his prime.

That said, I might make a goalie, since I haven't made one yet. His name would be Cock Block, as he would cock block you on and off the ice. His story? Once a young man that got cock blocked at a teen party, he has since taken revenge since that fateful day to make sure everyone else gets cock blocked so that they can feel his pain as well. Although he is a cock block, he is also a stand-up guy, so he would naturally be a stand-up goalie. His strengths being size (have to be big to cock block), reaction time (have to be able to react to cock block at any second), and Hand speed (so that he can swat anything away). He won't be Canadian because Canadians are too nice and wouldn't cock block anyone. He also can't be from Finland, because nobody can Finnish around him. I'm thinking he can be from Denmark, since Legos are from there and they are called Blocks.

--------------------
user posted image

.pm    .email   
^
ThatDamnMcJesus
 Posted: May 29 2018, 05:05 PM
.quote   

S20, S21, S25 Smelly Fart Champion

SHL GM
Member ID: 283
Rep: 103 pts

Pacman Champion!

I would recreate as a goalie since I have had a forward already and now I am on a Defenseman, I would like to try out being a netminder for an SHL team as my next player. I know some people hate being a goalie but honestly, I don't think I would mind it as I don't really care about my stats individually only about if my team is winning. And I think being a goalie, stopping pucks and trying to find the perfect attributes to help the cause of helping my team win hockey games would be a great experience. Plus it is easier to build a strong goalie quicker as you enter the prime of your career earlier. I think having size will be a great advantage too as being someone who is 7 foot 6 300lbs will not need a high size rating to be a quality goalie.

--------------------

user posted image ]
user posted image
.pm   
^
emBARK
 Posted: May 29 2018, 06:03 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2981
Rep: 11 pts

N/A
N/A

In before the clock lol.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

.pm   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | PT Archive | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (11) « First ... 9 10 11  .locked    .new topic    .new poll