|Ready for Grading, ~1000 words|
- This morning, a week after Kelowna's elimination in 6 games to the Montreal Militia in the Four Star Cup playoffs, Kelowna Head GM Alex Santos called one final press conference to cap off the season, fielding questions, and standing alongside both SHL and SMJHL Head Office members to make a big announcement.
"After my two seasons here as Kelowna's General Manager, I will be taking a job as coGM in Seattle, in hopes to start a new legacy in the SHL" said Santos. "I'm whole grateful to the SMJHL Head Office for the time they've given me to lead the Knights, and I'm especially thankful to ZzRaven's Robot Bill Nye and ZzRaven's Robot Snoop Lion for their constant support in helping me get where I am in the first place. I could not ask for a better experience, and I look forward to serving the Riots, but always carrying my Knights pride with me. Good luck in the future and best of luck Kelowna!"
Santos proceeded to rip his jacket and shirt sleeves off, unveiling a brand new Kelowna Knights tattoo on his right shoulder, thought many reports claim the sleeves were velcro, causing the ripping effect.
Following this show of support and a round of applause thanking Santos for his time in Kelowna, SMJHL Commissioner Storm took the podium to announce the first change to be coming to Kelowna's management, one many have expected but took an official form at this morning's presser:
"Effective immediately, Kelowna's previous co-GM Joey Wheeler will be accepting the promotion as Kelowna's head. We in HO (aside from Evok), believe Joey will do a great job taking the reigns for the Knights and look forward to continue working with him!"
Joey Wheeler, promptly took the stage with a big smile on his face to close off the presser with a few more announcements to make:
"I want to start of by giving a big thanks to Alex Santos for placing me in the position he did to succeed alongside him. I'm not standing in front of you all here today without his help and for that I am incredibly thankful. I look forward to leading the Knights to success, as well as being able to continue working with the great Head Office and fellow GMs here in the SMJHL."
"I think we've built a winning team here in Kelowna, we look forward to tonight's draft lottery as we gear up to add the next generation of Knights to this team."
Wheeler followed with one final announcement for the morning, the big one that reporters were waiting for.
"I want to thank everyone who approached me with interest in being my co-general manager. There were a lot of fantastic people who approached me and I know one day you'll find an opportunity to step into a role like this one day. Today however, there is someone I've been grooming for this specific role for a while, and I'm excited to bring him aboard as part of the Knights management. In my first move as Kelowna head GM, I am proud to announce the hiring of...
"Salo has been a major part of the Knights leadership in an advisory role and I'm very excited to make him an official part of management here, I'm certain his work ethic and knowledge of the game will only further help us as we progress into the future of the Knights!"
To close off, Wheeler mentioned a return later that day to field questions from the public regarding the future of Kelowna and its new management team. Be sure to leave questions here to be answered!
|QUOTE (ThatDamnMcJesus @ Jan 12 2018, 06:15 PM)|
|What are your plans for the Kelowna Knights?|
What do you guys need to become one of the best teams next season?
How many send downs do you expect?
Are you happy with the number of send downs you have?
What is the most important aspect of building a successful SMJHL team?
How bad was Samee as a boss?
1. Better depth from our bottom 6, our top 6 has been really lethal and looks to stay that way, so once we get similar production from the rest of the line up, that'll push us over the threshold.
2. I'm expecting most of our lineup to be coming back, so as it stands almost our entire lineup is going to be back down, save for MAYBE 1 or 2 players
3. Extremely happy, team is going to look very similar to last season's but improved, so I can't ask for much more
4. An LR thats fun to be a part of, it only further encourages people to want to come here and be a part of the community, which in turn creates success. Building a place people actually WANT to be is so important, and its something Samee and I prioritized heavily. That won't change with the new regime.
5. Samee was the worst boss I have ever worked for, IRL and on this site. Pure cancer, terrible guy, glad he's gone. Seattle is fucked.
|QUOTE (Xmas @ Jan 12 2018, 06:37 PM)|
|how big is your penis?|
1v1 me in PES 6?
How do you feel about your large following in the Tylar community?
1. My penis is enough you know like it meets expectations but its not exceptional
2. Yeah sure why not
3. I didn't even know I had such a large following
I hope they think I'm cute tbh, I thrive off of attention.
|QUOTE (Clint Eastwood @ Jan 12 2018, 08:49 PM)|
|- What direction are the Knights going in?|
- Now that Samee is finally gone, are you excited to not have to carry his load?
- If you're in a good position to compete for the cup, will you go all PGF?
- Any little LR quirks you plan on screwing with?
- What's the team's animal crackers gonna look like?
1. Knights are looking to go all in this season and bring a cup to Kelowna, the team is ready and we're looking to make a big splash this coming season
2. He was dead weight, happy to move on without him, I feel more free.
3. I might not go that far, I have intention to buy this year but I don't think I wanna completely hemorrhage the future for a win. It worked for PGF but its not something I'm comfortable risking, we'll see though, that's geared for the future.
4. Nothing major, Kelowna's a franchise of tradition, we don't plan to break any of those, especially as they've resulted in a really successful past
5. They're all gonna look like samee. This post has been edited by NourFFAK: Jan 17 2018, 10:21 AM