welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216
CRUTCHFIELD

HEAD OFFICE:
Formx
DrunkenTeddy
TheDangaZone
SwegKingu

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
Dan^2
Zoone16
Evok

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn
FourFour

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
JayWhy

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Toivo
Storm

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
JR95
Wongy

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead

Seattle Riot:
Samee

Texas Renegades:
Dankoa
JumpierPegasus

Winnipeg Jets:
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
TheDangaZone
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
Keygan
ErM

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Raptors:
InciteHysteria
FlappyGiraffe

Kelowna Knights:
NourFFAK
Thunder39

Prince George Firebirds:
Sleepy
ml002

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 41st Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Calgary Dragons for winning the Season 40 Challenge Cup, and the Kelowna Knights for winning the Season 40 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) .reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» S32 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects
Schultzy
 Posted: Dec 1 2016, 05:29 PM
.quote   

S11, S24, S26, S31 Challenge Cup Champion

HOF Committee
Member ID: 537
Rep: 308 pts

N/A

Player Name: Teemu Sirius

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73377&st=0

What type of player are you trying to build? elite goal scorer

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 10 no

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? yes

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? yes

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? i know a few

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 2-5

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? absolutely i would. a veteran member with a history of high level activity who's building an elite goal scorer and has the cash to make it happen. what's not to love?

What are your goals for your first season? ice time and goals

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself? good luck this season http://i.imgur.com/D6T4tiy.png

--------------------
user posted image
^Thanks Wasty^

.pm    .email   
^

Jacob
 Posted: Dec 1 2016, 11:16 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2041
Rep: 8 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Bojan Filipovic

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73547

What type of player are you trying to build?
Goaling Scoring Wing.

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?
8. And, not at the moment.
Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted?
Hell yeah.

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for?
Yessir.

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Other then playing against some older Whaler players back with Andrews, nada.

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors?
Max amount, unless I develope enough for the SHL before.
If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others?
Because of my activity level and I know how to build a player out evenly and get to know others from the LR.
What are your goals for your first season?
Get as far as we can in the playoffs, win Rookie Of The Year, and dominate with the team.
With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself?
Would be great to be with the Whalers.

This post has been edited by Jacob: Dec 1 2016, 11:17 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Jacob Andrews Update Page || Jacob Andrews Player Page ||
.pm   
^
jjlangabeer
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 10:36 AM
.quote   

Dream Daddy

Members
Member ID: 504
Rep: 30 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: John Langabeer

Link to player page:
Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73767
Upadate Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73793
Bank Account: 33,275,000

What type of player are you trying to build? Im trying to build a scoring winger, on the off hand side.

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? I am currently around an 8-9 out of 10. As of right now there is nothing in the foreseeable future that would get in the way.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Yes, I was active in the past and I plan to be active again updating wise but also in the Locker room.

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Yes, being an Whaler Alumni and losing the Championship in S9 I want another chance to bring a cup back to Vancouver.

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? As far as current Whalers I'm not too sure haven been around the site too much since yesterday but I do know people still around and probably still know some of the Ex Whalers

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? Hopefully just 1, but it all depends where I get Drafted. I want to be the best player in the NWJHL so there is always the chance of an Early selection and staying up in the SHL

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I would draft me because of my Whalers background, my activity level, and I am overall a good teammate. Plus I still have a chip on my Shoulder from losing in S9

What are your goals for your first season? My goals are to earn a top spot on your team in your top 6, and to help carry the team to a Championship.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself? As of right now the only one I would ask is the direction of the team, are you looking for more of a rebuild or are you looking to make a championship run. I haven't had a chance to explore last years season.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Player Page Updates Page
.pm   
^
wikiplaysgames
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 11:35 AM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 1598
Rep: 86 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Joonas Rasmussen

Link to player page:

What type of player are you trying to build? Two way C

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 7 no

Yes

Ya sure

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site?

Lots i spent a junior season here

However many i have too
Is the right answer i wouldn't
Stay updatin
With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself?

--------------------
QUOTE (JHS @ Jan 31 2017, 12:17 AM)

Your Thunderdome shitposts ~2015 highlight of this site tbh

QUOTE (HabsFanFromOntario @ Sep 2 2016, 04:21 PM)

Fuck wiki.

QUOTE (probablydrunk @ Feb 9 2017, 02:45 PM)

Don't waste your breath on that pitiful bigot bro.

QUOTE (spooked @ Feb 9 2017, 11:35 PM)
you literally wont stop spamming about something that doesn't mean shit. You're covering threads on the front page that have more value than the rest of your life.

QUOTE (Muerto @ Oct 15 2017, 01:28 PM)
Wiki just fuck off and leave the site, you add nothing positive to anyone's experience

QUOTE (Waters @ Jun 3 2017, 09:58 PM)

also no one values your existence

QUOTE (Marc Bradford @ Dec 5 2017, 09:09 PM)

Abortion is illegal in most states so that's the only reason you're here.  So just die in a fire and we'll call it even.

QUOTE (Marc Bradford @ Dec 5 2017, 09:14 PM)

Didn't hurt me at all.  Just be thankful your daddy couldn't find a coat hanger in time.

QUOTE (LB. @ Feb 12 2018, 05:08 PM)

The real punishment is having you on the site

user posted image
Thanks QC
.pm    .email   
^
Chris-McZehrl
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 01:34 PM
.quote   

S18, S23, S27, 34, S37 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 184
Rep: 209 pts

N/A

QUOTE (Smirnov Light @ Dec 2 2016, 12:24 AM)
Player Name: Smirnov Light JR

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=72884

What type of player are you trying to build? Playmaking center

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 8, and winter break could interfere slightly, but I'll get the training in no doubt.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Yes

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Eh... Not one of my top choices.

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Yes

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? I could see 2 to 3 years until I get the call-up.

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I already have 185 TPE so if I bust I'm not just at 155 lol.

What are your goals for your first season? Positive +/-

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95  or myself?
No

Taron http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/lovestruck.gif
.pm   
^
Chris-McZehrl
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 01:34 PM
.quote   

S18, S23, S27, 34, S37 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 184
Rep: 209 pts

N/A

QUOTE (jjlangabeer @ Dec 2 2016, 05:36 PM)
Player Name: John Langabeer

Link to player page:
Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73767
Upadate Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73793
Bank Account: 33,275,000

What type of player are you trying to build? Im trying to build a scoring winger, on the off hand side.

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? I am currently around an 8-9 out of 10. As of right now there is nothing in the foreseeable future that would get in the way.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Yes, I was active in the past and I plan to be active again updating wise but also in the Locker room.

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Yes, being an Whaler Alumni and losing the Championship in S9 I want another chance to bring a cup back to Vancouver.

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? As far as current Whalers I'm not too sure haven been around the site too much since yesterday but I do know people still around and probably still know some of the Ex Whalers

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? Hopefully just 1, but it all depends where I get Drafted. I want to be the best player in the NWJHL so there is always the chance of an Early selection and staying up in the SHL

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I would draft me because of my Whalers background, my activity level, and I am overall a good teammate. Plus I still have a chip on my Shoulder from losing in S9

What are your goals for your first season? My goals are to earn a top spot on your team in your top 6, and to help carry the team to a Championship.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95  or myself? As of right now the only one I would ask is the direction of the team, are you looking for more of a rebuild or are you looking to make a championship run. I haven't had a chance to explore last years season.

welcome back smile.gif
.pm   
^
Noble
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 04:08 PM
.quote   

Man Of Many Faces

Members
Member ID: 2090
Rep: 21 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name: Noah Stevenson

Link to player page: Sig

What type of player are you trying to build?: Offense first

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?: 8, no

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted?: Yes

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for?: Yes

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? : Yes a lot

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors?: 2 or 3

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others?: Because I know how to build a player

What are your goals for your first season?: Score lots of points and get towards a cup

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself?: Nope

--------------------

user posted image
.pm   
^
Jogurtaa
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 04:48 PM
.quote   

S37 Challenge Cup Champion and Everyone's Favorite Lateevan

IIHF Federation Head
Member ID: 1017
Rep: 100 pts

N/A

Player Name: Isaac Cormier-Hale

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73571

What type of player are you trying to build? Two Way D

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 7

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? If the LR is active, than of course!

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Never played there, so yes

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Maybe I do, I just don't remember if they have been a part of the Whalers team. OOOOOOH, I made those sigs for you guys, don't remember when, but you won a cup or something. Or went to the finals and lost, something like that.

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 2

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? Nope

What are your goals for your first season? Get into the Playoffs and figure out my players build

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself? Nope

--------------------

user posted image
Thanks Maxy, Cope, Wasty, Karey and Engi
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
PLAYER PAGE / UPDATE PAGE / TWITTER

.pm   
^
TommySalami
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 09:01 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2468
Rep: 12 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name:
Tommy Salami

Link to player page:
Player Page Update Page

Offensive Defensman (puck moving)

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?
I'm new, but I plan on being around a 7

Of Course

You Know it, although rent is a little pricey

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site?
None that I know of

As many as it takes!

Because I've got tenacity, I'm willing to do what's tough, and I have a discount card at Walmart/work at the local pizza joint so I can probably get some good deals.

To gain some experience, feel out the league, become the next big thing.

What if our whole life is just a simulation man? then I've got like actual experience with this or something.

This post has been edited by TommySalami: Dec 2 2016, 09:02 PM

--------------------

user posted image

The one, the only, Tommy Salami
.pm   
^
DiBen
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 09:44 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2464
Rep: 4 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name:
Vinny Marino

Link to player page:
Vinny Marino Player Page

An angry Italian-American version of Rick Nash.

I only joined today, but I've been at a 10 since I discovered the SHL on Reddit earlier. While I do not expect my activity to hold at 10, I can see myself averaging an 8 or 9, depending on my college workload.

100%. Community is one of the biggest appeals to me about the SHL, and I'd be crazy not to involve myself.

Absolutely, Whalers imagery is top notch.

Not yet, but I look forward to getting to know them!

Hopefully, one. Ideally, as many as it takes for me to fully familiarize myself with the SHL.

I am incredibly eager to learn and participate. I'm also kinda' funny.

Learn the ropes, meet some cool people, and just have fun.

Not at this moment, thank you for your time!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
.pm   
^
Dantejg
 Posted: Dec 2 2016, 11:55 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2460
Rep: 4 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name:
Dante Gallo

Link to player page: Player Page

A high speed playmaking winger whos also defensively responsible.

7, There isn't anything that could really change it for the worse.

Yeah, building bonds with teammates could help my growth.

Yes, it seems like a good franchise that treats its players well.

No

As many as it takes to prove myself and grow my abilities to become an impact in the SHL.

Because of the work ethic and enthusiasm to improve I display.

To have a chance to make an impact while helping the team win as much as possible.

Nope

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
.pm   
^
therealcinco
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 12:06 AM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2475
Rep: 2 pts

N/A
N/A

Player Name:
Robin Wexter
Link to player page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=2092439
Instead of focusing on scoring, I want to be a good defensive player and stop opposing plays
For the next month or so, I can spend a lot of time here, but I'm starting school in early January, so at that point, about 6-7/10.
Of course
Yes. I've heard from some of the experienced players that the Whalers are a great team and that I should try to get drafted by you.
I am very new to the site, so unfortunately, not yet.
As long as it takes me to become skilled enough to advance to the SHL.
I am set to become a great defensive player, but I am also an outgoing person and I think I would be a great addition to the team.
I would love to win a championship, but I also want to hone my skills and learn how best to play in the SMJHL and eventually the SHL.
Why did you or your predecessors pick Vancouver Whalers as the team name? Are you Whalers fans, and if so, why Vancouver instead of a city in New England?

--------------------
Robin Wexter

Kelowna Knights

Better Sig to come
.pm    .email   
^
Ghost
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 12:34 AM
.quote   

S36 & S40 Challenge Cup Champion

Graphic Graders
Member ID: 2262
Rep: 33 pts

N/A

QUOTE (TommySalami @ Dec 2 2016, 07:01 PM)

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95  or myself?
What if our whole life is just a simulation man? then I've got like actual experience with this or something.

user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
.pm   
^
spooked
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 01:40 PM
.quote   

S39 Challenge Cup Champion

SMJHL GM
Member ID: 2462
Rep: 21 pts

N/A

Player Name: Eero Hämäläinen

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73849

What type of player are you trying to build? offensive defenseman

6, there won't be anything that would impact my activity and I plan to be around more once I get used to everything
yes, hopefully very active
not my first choice, not a fan of blue and green jerseys, but im not against playing for VAN
Nope
3?
Cause everyone needs some finns
Learn what stats I should focus on, and make some friends http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/tongue.png
Can you give me money, please?

--------------------
user posted image
ProfileUpdates
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

.pm   
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Vancouver Whalers | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll