welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216
CRUTCHFIELD

HEAD OFFICE:
Formx
DrunkenTeddy
TheDangaZone
SwegKingu

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
Dan^2
Zoone16
Evok

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn
FourFour

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
JayWhy

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Toivo
Storm

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
JR95
Wongy

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead

Seattle Riot:
Samee

Texas Renegades:
Dankoa
JumpierPegasus

Winnipeg Jets:
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
TheDangaZone
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
Keygan
ErM

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Raptors:
InciteHysteria
FlappyGiraffe

Kelowna Knights:
NourFFAK
Thunder39

Prince George Firebirds:
Sleepy
ml002

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 41st Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Calgary Dragons for winning the Season 40 Challenge Cup, and the Kelowna Knights for winning the Season 40 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) .reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» Bonuses for Draft Slots
Mongoose87
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:09 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2862
Rep: 5 pts

N/A
N/A

I am of the opinion that draftees should be rewarded based on their draft position.

As it currently stands, draftees see no reward for going early. In fact, in a way, they are penalized, because the earliest picks will play on the worst teams, likely hurting their chances at milestone claims.

My proposal is similar to what is seen in many IRL sports with an entry draft: draftees receive a bonu based on where they are drafted. This would give players an incentive to woo teams that are picking earlier, and a reward for impressing them.

Proposed change:

Start at $4.1 million. Reduce by $100k each pick. This means everyone from round 1-3 gets a gradually declining payout.
user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
.pm   
^
SmegKingma
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:15 PM
.quote   

S39 Challenge Cup Champion

Head Office
Member ID: 1929
Rep: 88 pts

N/A

Bit If theyre on a worse team thet can just ask for more money

--------------------

QUOTE (Waters @ Dec 29 2017, 02:11 AM)
sweg listen you dont know my grandma ok she is the devil who's better danny or her hard to tell

user posted image

.pm   
^
Durden
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:16 PM
.quote   

S36 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 1730
Rep: 70 pts

N/A

Yeah, no.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

Update Page | user posted image | user posted image | Player Page
All-Time Renegades Points Leader (Point 605)
All-Time Renegades Goals Leader
2nd All-Time Renegades Assists Leader (59 to break)

QUOTE (Bojo @ Feb 29 2016, 08:11 PM)
DURDEN HAS A LARGE PEN15 THAT IM SURE IS VERY SUCCESSFUL IN BED. I MEAN I WOULDNT KNOW PERSOANLLY BUT IF I WAS INTO THAT KIND OF THING IM SURE IT WOULD BE MORE THAN SATISFACTORY.
.pm   
^
WannabeFinn
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:19 PM
.quote   

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

SHL GM
Member ID: 1163
Rep: 192 pts

N/A
N/A

QUOTE (Durden @ Mar 13 2018, 12:16 PM)
Yeah, no.

Elaborate

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image | user posted image user posted image | user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
.pm   
^
WannabeFinn
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:20 PM
.quote   

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

SHL GM

N/A
N/A

QUOTE (SwegKingu @ Mar 13 2018, 12:15 PM)

Just because you’re bad it doesn’t mean you have a ton of extra cap space sitting around

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image | user posted image user posted image | user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
.pm   
^
.bojo
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:21 PM
.quote   

Just Monika

HOF Committee
Member ID: 1157
Rep: 518 pts

N/A
Snake Champion!

players that go early to "bad" teams are likely to have more playing time and better chance at reaching milestones.

--------------------
.pm    .email    .website   
^
Mongoose87
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:22 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members

N/A
N/A

QUOTE (SwegKingu @ Mar 13 2018, 12:15 PM)

Teams have a pretty limited budget for draftees, and they're probably going to be trying to spend the rest of their budget on not sucking, if they're drafting early.

--------------------

user posted image
.pm   
^
iamslm22
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:26 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2958
Rep: 15 pts

N/A
N/A

QUOTE (Mongoose87 @ Mar 13 2018, 12:22 PM)

Teams have a pretty limited budget for draftees, and they're probably going to be trying to spend the rest of their budget on not sucking, if they're drafting early.

Agreed this isn't a bad idea at all.

--------------------
Update Page

user posted image

QUOTE (FourFour @ Jun 5 2018, 02:33 PM)

Youarefat22

.pm   
^
WannabeFinn
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:29 PM
.quote   

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

SHL GM

N/A
N/A

QUOTE (.bojo @ Mar 13 2018, 12:21 PM)
players that go early to "bad" teams are likely to have more playing time and better chance at reaching milestones.

This is assuming that

1) Every high draft pick is owned by a bad team (they’re not, look who owns the 2nd and 3rd OA picks in this draft).

2) A prospect won’t have stiff competition for ice time. Look at every team that has recently gone through a major rebuild. Toronto, Buffalo, Seattle. These teams bring in a ton of young players at once or over the course of a couple drafts. Good teams or teams that have at least a semblance of a competitive roster won’t have gobs of ice time to just fork over to some underdeveloped rookie.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
.pm   
^
Winter is Coming
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:34 PM
.quote   

S35 Challenge Cup Champion || DELETE

Rookie Mentor Committee
Member ID: 1663
Rep: 84 pts

N/A

Not a fan of this personally. Draft position should not be considered a reward, as it's not exactly an indicator of success. Allow teams and the draftees to dictate their salaries (whether they be for the max or minimum amount).

--------------------
#MADEHISTORY

user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
.pm    .email   
^
Evok
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:36 PM
.quote   

N/A

Simmer
Member ID: 2699
Rep: 41 pts

N/A

So being drafted 1oa, without any way to know if you'll actually be ever usefull to the team that drafted you would net you almost as much as an updater do in a season (without bonus) more than a banker (without bonus and even with it its pretty close), more than the PPT teams, almost as much than the media teams, more than fantasy ... who work their ass off in the season to get that money just because you are doing what you are suposed to be doing as a player for your own growth ?

Yeah i'd skip on that suggestion, the reward to be drafted early is to be able to brag about it and keep working to be the best player possible in your draft class. As some mentioned, you can discuss your contract with the team.

handling money just because someone is drafted 1oa when i wouldnt even know if that player will even set a skate on the ice for the team that drafted them 1oa is kinda meh.

--------------------
Profile | Updates
Halifax Raiders
Team Ireland
.pm   
^
WannabeFinn
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:38 PM
.quote   

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

SHL GM

N/A
N/A

Mongoose, I’ve toyed with the idea of draft slot-specific compensation a la NFL. I like the idea of it being a bonus rather than a mandated salary or cap hit. I think we can definitely do some tweaking to the payout though. Maybe a little higher on the upper end ($5m for 1st OA?), but imo the drop off should be tweaked as well. Perhaps..

1st OA - $5m
2nd OA - $4.5m
3rd OA - $4m
4th OA - $3m
5th OA - $2.5m
6th-10th OA - $2m
11-14th OA - $1.5m
15th-28th OA - $1m

$1m for making it into the 2nd round as a start. Bonuses increases as you rise to being a 1st rounder.. top 10.. top 5..

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image
.pm   
^
Zombiewolf
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:53 PM
.quote   

N/A

Player Updaters
Member ID: 2463
Rep: 52 pts

N/A
N/A

--------------------
user posted image

Thank you Brandon, Jogurtaa, Kit, and Karey for the sigs!

QUOTE (The_Mazais @ May 27 2017, 12:46 AM)
What goes to that little bitch Zombiewolf how does it feels to lose to a shit team you little shitface.
But really scarecrows, you are classy team get rid of fuck like he is.

Player updates | Player Page
.pm   
^
Mongoose87
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:55 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members

N/A
N/A

QUOTE (WannabeFinn @ Mar 13 2018, 12:38 PM)
Mongoose, I’ve toyed with the idea of draft slot-specific compensation a la NFL. I like the idea of it being a bonus rather than a mandated salary or cap hit. I think we can definitely do some tweaking to the payout though. Maybe a little higher on the upper end ($5m for 1st OA?), but imo the drop off should be tweaked as well. Perhaps..

1st OA - $5m
2nd OA - $4.5m
3rd OA - $4m
4th OA - $3m
5th OA - $2.5m
6th-10th OA - $2m
11-14th OA - $1.5m
15th-28th OA - $1m

$1m for making it into the 2nd round as a start. Bonuses increases as you rise to being a 1st rounder.. top 10.. top 5..

Of course, that's a possibility. The scale I presented is a jumping-off point.

QUOTE (Evok @ Mar 13 2018, 12:36 PM)
So being drafted 1oa, without any way to know if you'll actually be ever usefull to the team that drafted you would net you almost as much as an updater do in a season (without bonus) more than a banker (without bonus and even with it its pretty close), more than the PPT teams, almost  as much than the media teams, more than fantasy ... who work their ass off in the season to get that money just because you are doing what you are suposed to be doing as a player for your own growth ?

Yeah i'd skip on that suggestion, the reward to be drafted early is to be able to brag about it and keep working to be the best player possible in your draft class. As some mentioned, you can discuss your contract with the team.

handling money just because someone is drafted 1oa when i wouldnt even know if that player will even set a skate on the ice for the team that drafted them 1oa is kinda meh.

As opposed to any of those jobs, getting drafted happens once in your player's career, and none of those jobs preclude being drafted highly. In fact, they'd probably improve the chances, since you'll probably be quite active.

--------------------

user posted image
.pm   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Suggestion Box | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll