welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216
CRUTCHFIELD

HEAD OFFICE:
Formx
DrunkenTeddy
TheDangaZone
SwegKingu

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
Dan^2
Zoone16
Evok

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn
FourFour

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
JayWhy

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Toivo
Storm

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
JR95
Wongy

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead

Seattle Riot:
Samee

Texas Renegades:
Dankoa
JumpierPegasus

Winnipeg Jets:
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
TheDangaZone
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
Keygan
ErM

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Raptors:
InciteHysteria
FlappyGiraffe

Kelowna Knights:
NourFFAK
Thunder39

Prince George Firebirds:
Sleepy
ml002

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 41st Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Calgary Dragons for winning the Season 40 Challenge Cup, and the Kelowna Knights for winning the Season 40 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) .reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» S31 Interested Prospects Thread
mel24
 Posted: Sep 9 2016, 11:39 AM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2240
Rep: 23 pts

N/A

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/de.../lovestruck.gif
Good, because I have lots of love I am a very loving person

2. Are you willing to switch positions? http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/wink.png We look for players that are versatile and have proven to make those that switch produce (see: Mikko Koskinen, Tommy Creller, and Pavel Bursyuk playing defense despite being forwards).
ya i think i'd make a great forward (i am willing to go from smjhl starter to shl backup tho does that count)

3. Do you think you're able to actually be drafted by us, given your own "totally not biased" opinion of your draft stock?
I think so. I may not be a first round pick, but I know for sure that I deserve to be drafted by y'all.

4. Tell me a story about you, your player, or anything really. GoB's a literary mind, and we have to have you on point. Please include links to your player page and updates, or tell us lazy asses to look in your signature.
People are linking articles here, so here is one I'm super proud of. I could bring back the Mr. Benn story though - I think that's definitely a highlight of my storytelling abilities.

5. JK, if you can't write, post a graphic. We're desperate here.
who coulda thunk that i can do both
user posted image

6. What experience do you have with the STHS sim? If you were pressed to label yourself an Amateur, Semi-pro, Pro, or Expert, which tier would you select?
right now, definitely amateur, but i also desperately want to know more

7. Who would you take in the SHL Deadpool?
no one because i dont believe in violence (jk ben waters)

8. How do you plan on earning monies and TPE?
massive articles and great graphics, like i've been doing so far. for tpe, i'm great at doing every pt and work really hard to get bonus ones whenever i can

9. How active are you? I'm actually looking for a posts/day projection.
I think I'm at like, 5 posts a day? I know the more active the locker room is, the more active I'll be

10. PM GoB and ADV your questions, some of which will inevitably include, "Why didn't you stop Clardy from creating a Deadpool-themed Prospects Thread?"
why is clardy the green squidbilly

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image
.pm   
^
twils
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 11:21 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2293
Rep: 22 pts

N/A
N/A

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/lovestruck.gif
You can have all my love. I am single, so you will have no girlfriend sucking away any of my love from you.

2. Are you willing to switch positions? http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/wink.png We look for players that are versatile and have proven to make those that switch produce (see: Mikko Koskinen, Tommy Creller, and Pavel Bursyuk playing defense despite being forwards).
Not really, I prefer being a forward more than a dman. I'm okay playing any forward position tho.

3. Do you think you're able to actually be drafted by us, given your own "totally not biased" opinion of your draft stock?
I'm first overall material, so if I slip to you guys I will be highly disappointing. But not actually, I've seen myself being ranked to go to you guys or just below you guys in a number of mock drafts, so I would imagine you'd be able to draft me.

4. Tell me a story about you, your player, or anything really. GoB's a literary mind, and we have to have you on point. Please include links to your player page and updates, or tell us lazy asses to look in your signature.
I made a sandwich while I was really drunk the other night and it tasted amazing. Then I tried to recreate it today and it was terrible. Never have more sauce than bread on your sandwich. I hope that's good enough to stimulate your literary mind GoB.
Here's the presser I did, if you actually wanna read something I wrote: My presser

Player Page
Update Page

5. JK, if you can't write, post a graphic. We're desperate here.
Here's a live action picture of Wilson scoring the game winning goal for Seattle in the Champions Cup final.
user posted image

6. What experience do you have with the STHS sim? If you were pressed to label yourself an Amateur, Semi-pro, Pro, or Expert, which tier would you select?
I've only been around here for a few months, so not too much. I've read a bunch of stuff about it so I'm not clueless. My player did well so clearly I'm doing something right. I'll say semi-pro.

7. Who would you take in the SHL Deadpool?
I'd take Colossus easy. That guy could skate through the entire other team, or just post himself in the net and get shutouts without even moving.

I mean just look at that guy on the right
user posted image

8. How do you plan on earning monies and TPE?
Articles and contract for money, my a job idk. TPE by doing PTs, activity checks, and training every week.

9. How active are you? I'm actually looking for a posts/day projection.
My post/day fluxuates depending on my mood, but I think I'm averaging about 3.5 posts since joining the league. I'm still highly active even if I'm not always posting tho. I do a lot more of my talking through discord right now.

10. PM GoB and ADV your questions, some of which will inevitably include, "Why didn't you stop Clardy from creating a Deadpool-themed Prospects Thread?"
k

This post has been edited by twils: Sep 20 2016, 11:22 PM

--------------------

Player Page --- Update Page
user posted image
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ
"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny
.pm   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Seattle Riot | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (3) 1 2 3  .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll