welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Rabidsponge21

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
galatix

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 38th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Winnipeg Jets for winning the Season 37 Challenge Cup, and the Detroit Falcons for winning the Season 37 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) .locked    .new topic    .new poll   

» PT 4 - Setting Goals
Toast
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 05:42 PM
.quote   

S9 and S28 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 51
Rep: 163 pts

N/A

Games played: Less than 50
Goals: 4
Assists: 10
+/-: +5

Oliver Hunter is the newest member of the Colorado Mammoths and has already found himself on the team's third line.

Currently, Hunter has only put up an assist on the team's score sheet this season but the young winger is optimistic that he will be able to add on to his offense as he learns to play the game.

Oliver is a key part of the bottom six for Colorado and will be one of the team's go to player's for the future. It's expected that he will be selected in the upcoming SHL Entry Draft and then will continue to play for Colorado as a send down player.

Unfortunately for Hunter, he will have less experience than that of the other draft prospects. The work to turn himself into one of the league's top prospects will certainly be a task, but the winger from Newcastle seems up to the challenge.

To become one of the top prospects, Hunter will have to focus on his contributions for Colorado. Right now, he has not been much of a star on the ice, but if Hunter can work on his goals, assists, and +/- rating then he will be be well on his way to one of the league's up-and-coming stars.

--------------------
user posted image
.pm   
^
Cynthia
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 08:12 PM
.quote   

S35 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 1833
Rep: 50 pts

N/A

Goals: 8
Assists: 12
+/- 0
Hits: 50

So my predictions are pretty low because simply put, I had a really bad start with my player, chemistry is a little lacking early and I don't believe changing lines will fix anything, Vakarian will just need to get better overall with tpe and learn to take more shots. I think at the latter 10 games of the season, I think Vakarian will start to pick it up but I think there's quite a few problems that I will need to fix in training.

So going into it: Goals. Vakarian only has 1 so far which is pretty horrendous. She hasn't been taking much shots so I'm hoping once I get my other stats closer to scoring, she will take more shots and that will hopefully result in more goals.

Assists, I think 12 assists is very doable, have to get lucky with a few of them but as the team gets better, assists will come.

+/- Vakarian was a strangely high +/- player for the majority of the season before KEL traded away some of our players. I think that Vakarian will still somehow keep a even +/- despite it trending downward

Hits: Vakarian is about hit per game so I'm gonna assume that will continue and end around 50.

--------------------
#MADEHISTORY
user posted image
Thanks to Enigmatic for the beautiful signature
user posted imageuser posted image

.pm   
^
Hoovuh
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 10:00 PM
.quote   

Probably fixing planes

Members
Member ID: 1725
Rep: 69 pts

N/A
N/A

Every single player has goals they want to accomplish out on the ice. Some are more vocal about it than others. I prefer to not announce my goals to the world, but this pt makes me choose 4 of them.
The first one is my goal count. 29/50 games ok I currently have 3 of them. By the end of the season I am hoping to add an additional 3 goals for a total of 6 on the season. As someone who prides himself in a goal scoring dman I know I can do better.
The second goal I have is my assist count. 6 isn’t bad, but it’s not the best. My shots sometimes rebound off the goalies pad and a teammate taps it in the net, so I am hoping for 4 more of them.
As a checking dman as well, I have 43 hits. I want to add another 40 of those love taps to get a season total of 83 of em.
The last stat that I want is that I want to get a game winning goal. I currently have none, but I can’t omagine any better feeling than being that person with the game on their stick and winning the game for the team by scoring.

--------------------
user posted image

Player Page - Update Page -
.pm    .email   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | PT Archive | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (3) 1 2 3  .locked    .new topic    .new poll