welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Zoone16
Evok

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
Joester09

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 39th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Manhattan Rage for winning the Season 38 Challenge Cup, and the Prince George Firebirds for winning the Season 38 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) .reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» Endorsement idea
belgarat
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:00 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 1526
Rep: 85 pts

N/A

So been thinking about this for some time now as a way for something else to do on the site. I would like to introduce SHL endorsement system if I may. What it basically boils down to is each player has an opportunity for each season to endorse a specific product with several tasks to be completed under that topic for a combination of TPE and or cash. It could be limited to a couple tasks a week to spread it out over the season or they could do it all whenever as long as they completed it before the beginning of the next season. There would be different tiers set up so as they completed a sponsorship deal they could move on to a more lucrative one as they progress in their SHL careers. They would have to have completed say maybe two products under each level before being allowed to move on to the next level. The SMJHL ones could be funny and be for crappy products like Vagisil, Depends or Bob's used cars in Kelowna. The next could be for products specifically used by hockey players, such as CCM, Bauer, etc and the next tier for national products like Doritos, Mt Dew, etc. Not etched in stone, throwing out ideas here.

In order to keep the endorsements fresh we could pay people like 2 million dollars or something to come up with new products and tasks for each product. That way the team running it wouldn't have to constantly wrack their heads for ideas and it would allow others in the SHL to be involved and earn some cash for something besides media. If we give rewards of TPE for some tasks and cash for some of the others it allows for a more flexible system so people aren't boxed into doing pressers to earn training money and also give an alternate method of earning TPE. This is just something I've been kicking around in my head and I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion and see what others thought. You can feel free to tell me this is a stupid fuckin idea that would never work but at least I'm trying to throw something different out there. An example:

Bob McDermott, owner of Bob's quality used cars in Kelowna is a huge Knights fan. He has decided to boost his business he'd like to have one of the Knights as a spokesperson for his used car lot.

Task 1: Figure out and describe what will be required by the team from Bob in order for the team to set you up as a spokesperson for Bob's used cars. 3 TPE

Task 2: Now that you have been selected as Bob's spokesperson set up a press conference to announce the deal and answer 4 questions that you think would be asked at such a press conference. 750K

Task 3: Design a poster that Bob can pass out featuring your player and his business. 3 TPE

Task 4: It has been decided that you will go out to Bob's business and do a public appearance. Describe some of the people that you met at the event and the interactions you had with them. 750K

Task 5: Bob's secretary pulls you aside and explains that Bob is a horrible dresser and has become somewhat of a laughing stock among the other local business people. She asks if there's anything you can do to help solve this. Describe how you approach Bob and get his wardrobe issues fixed. 1mill

Task 6: Bob is very thankful for all the hard work you've been putting in for his business. He also realizes that you are a poor jr hockey player without alot of money so he decides he is going to give you one of his used cars. Bob's cars are not known for their style so describe what car you were given or make a graphic of you next to an old piece of crap car. 4 TPE

Task 7: Its commercial time. Come up with a jingle that can be used for a radio or television commercial featuring your player. 750K

Task 8: Bob's secretary is VERY grateful to you for solving Bob's wardrobe issues. She hints that she would be most eager to provide you with a reward of her own. Problem is she has the face of a Canadian moose. Describe how you handle the situation, do you let her down gently or do you take her up on her offer? 3 TPE

Task 9: Bob is to be honored at the last game of the season for his devotion to Knights hockey. Describe what the team and you have come up with to honor Bob for his tremendous support. Design a flyer advertising the event or describe what the event will entail at the arena. 3TPE

Task 10: The season is now over and its time to recap how the season with Bob went. Summarize all your experiences over the season for 1.5 million or do a 5 minute pod cast with someone playing the role of Bob for you and both of you describe the relationship during the past season for 3 mill.

Complete 8 of these 10 tasks to move on to another endorsement.

--------------------
user posted image
Thx Maxy

user posted image
EMS tha man

LIDSTROM SCORES! TIE GAME WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE TO GO!
How did he fit that puck past Bowden?! What an individual play by the superstar defenseman!
TIE GAME! 2-2!

S22 SMJHL Draft Entry Draft Round 4:
19.  Carl the Mountain
20. Vladimir Lidstrom

.pm   
^
Eggy Nog
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:04 PM
.quote   

S30, S31 and S33 Challenge Cup Champion and Wonderbolt

Commissioner
Member ID: 1765
Rep: 209 pts

N/A

I'm writing a paper so I really only glanced at this, but from what I see I REALLY like this idea.

https://s25.postimg.io/hi7d1v5jj/I_like_this.png

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image Jasper Clayton user posted image Update Page user posted image Twitter user posted image Advice for Rookies user posted image

Proud Alumni of user posted image user posted image user posted image

QUOTE (KezKincaid @ Oct 10 2015, 11:43 PM)
Just once I'd like to read a thread which Eggy didn't hijack to make about himself. You'd think he was Caillean.

QUOTE (Waters @ Dec 6 2016, 11:07 PM)
when eggy, of all people, is unironically roasting you, i think you need to reevaluate what the fuck you're doing

QUOTE (SwegKingu @ Jan 13 2017, 06:10 PM)
Seriously, fuck this whole NEW team and fuck this sim forever.
.pm   
^
Ghost
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:17 PM
.quote   

S36 Challenge Cup Champion

Graphic Graders
Member ID: 2262
Rep: 26 pts

N/A

Great idea. Also really like that it gives you the money or TPE options for different tasks

--------------------

user posted image
.pm   
^
Raven
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:18 PM
.quote   

S30, S31 and S33 Challenge Cup Champion and Anime Gif God

IIHF GM
Member ID: 2031
Rep: 66 pts

N/A

"Bob's secretary is VERY grateful to you for solving Bob's wardrobe issues. She hints that she would be most eager to provide you with a reward of her own. "

Is it candy? I love candy!

--------------------
user posted image
First SHJML Hattrick: 11-2 Victory over the Vancouver whalers.
9. Montreal Impact , Raven Silverwing 12 (Sesugh Uhaa, Riley McDonald) at 8:49
10. Montreal Impact , Raven Silverwing 13 (Hugh Johnson, Richard Douglas) at 15:52
13. Montreal Impact , Raven Silverwing 14 (Riley McDonald) at 19:41

QUOTE (Eggy216 @ Apr 24 2016, 03:49 PM)
And that'll do it for the first here in Montreal.

Through 20 minutes of play, the score is Raven Silverwing 2 - Everybody Else 0

QUOTE (Bilbo)
don't let strange professionals finger you, kids

|user posted image|Player Page|user posted image|Update Page|user posted image|

.pm   
^
jjaybs
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:23 PM
.quote   

S30, S31 and S33 Challenge Cup Champion / Yeah I will change it

Members
Member ID: 2104

N/A

LOVE this idea

--------------------
user posted image
sigs by lil, enigmatic, engine, lizzywho, jenny and myself

user posted image | user posted image | [user posted image
.pm    .email   
^
Mr. Deplorable
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:24 PM
.quote   

Respected Curse Killer

Members
Member ID: 803
Rep: 264 pts

N/A

Love it

--------------------

An SHL Original
user posted image WE ARE THE DEPLORABLES. user posted image
WKP, WKP ~4-Time Challenge Cup Champion~ SEA, MAN
user posted image
user posted image

.pm   
^
Kevin "Juice" Bieksa
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:25 PM
.quote   

S30, S31 and S33 Challenge Cup Champion & Still on Couch

Members
Member ID: 1630
Rep: 74 pts

N/A

user posted image

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
.pm   
^
Beaujeaux
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:29 PM
.quote   

Just Monika

SHL GM
Member ID: 1157
Rep: 490 pts

Snake Champion!

very interesting. Are you proposing it as a way to replace the current PT system altogether?

Devil's advocate: What if somebody decides to do all the tasks in one day? Wouldn't that lead to a similar boring scenario for the rest of the season?

--------------------
user posted image
.pm    .email    .website   
^
The_Mazais
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:30 PM
.quote   

S29, S32 Challenge Cup Champion and Superstar

Members
Member ID: 1044
Rep: 62 pts

N/A

QUOTE (Bojo @ Dec 12 2016, 09:29 PM)
very interesting. Are you proposing it as a way to replace the current PT system altogether?

Devil's advocate: What if somebody decides to do all the tasks in one day? Wouldn't that lead to a similar boring scenario for the rest of the season?

Maybe a rule that you can do two tasks per week max. Dunno

--------------------
user posted image

CODE
If you were a girl, I would definitely hit on you, then leave you next day, because it's you and there are 4,5 billion better girls in the world, but I will always remember about you when I'm lonely and it's bad nigh for me on hitting girls
Chewbacca \Discord
.pm   
^
TML99
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:46 PM
.quote   

Certified Duster

SMJHL GM
Member ID: 1787
Rep: 104 pts

N/A

I really like this idea tbh But I have seen issues with heavily rewarding very active players. I agree the activity should be rewarded that's the point of the site but there is a fine line to draw somewhere lets face it not everyone has the time to write stuff from day to day and that's fine, but should those players be punished by being put at a Significant TPE disadvantage due to their activity.

Competition among rookies and teams generates activity and if that competition becomes to one sided in favor of the more active writers then that could be a bad thing. I always prefer the money incentive for these things because it is still a good incentive and doesn't give players too much of a "one up" on others

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image ~|| user posted image || user posted image ||~ user posted image

Alumni: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
.pm   
^
belgarat
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:53 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 1526
Rep: 85 pts

N/A

Could set a limit to 2 tasks a week if you want, 1 endorsement per season, as an addition to Pt system. I mean the example I have is 16 tpe or so and money, would it really add that much inflation, 16 extra tpe over a season? Or you could do it in the offseason as an addition to CW. Just throwing a thought out there.

This post has been edited by belgarat: Dec 12 2016, 01:55 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Thx Maxy

user posted image
EMS tha man

LIDSTROM SCORES! TIE GAME WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE TO GO!
How did he fit that puck past Bowden?! What an individual play by the superstar defenseman!
TIE GAME! 2-2!

S22 SMJHL Draft Entry Draft Round 4:
19.  Carl the Mountain
20. Vladimir Lidstrom

.pm   
^
Beaujeaux
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:55 PM
.quote   

Just Monika

SHL GM
Member ID: 1157
Rep: 490 pts

Snake Champion!

QUOTE (belgarat @ Dec 12 2016, 01:53 PM)
Could set a limit to 2 tasks a week if you want, 1 endorsement per season, as an addition to Pt system. I mean the example I have is 14 tpe or so and money, would it really add that much inflation, 14 extra tpe over a season?

I mean we could simply remove a PT or two to help make room for it a bit. I like the idea, personally.

Note: Any (if any) changes will start in S33.

--------------------
user posted image
.pm    .email    .website   
^
Eggy Nog
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:57 PM
.quote   

S30, S31 and S33 Challenge Cup Champion and Wonderbolt

Commissioner
Member ID: 1765
Rep: 209 pts

N/A

QUOTE (belgarat @ Dec 12 2016, 02:53 PM)
Could set a limit to 2 tasks a week if you want, 1 endorsement per season, as an addition to Pt system. I mean the example I have is 16 tpe or so and money, would it really add that much inflation, 16 extra tpe over a season? Or you could do it in the offseason as an addition to CW. Just throwing a thought out there.

Would be cool to do it in the offseason, as like an endorsement deal for the following season. Could even somehow tie it into a PT along the way.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image Jasper Clayton user posted image Update Page user posted image Twitter user posted image Advice for Rookies user posted image

Proud Alumni of user posted image user posted image user posted image

QUOTE (KezKincaid @ Oct 10 2015, 11:43 PM)
Just once I'd like to read a thread which Eggy didn't hijack to make about himself. You'd think he was Caillean.

QUOTE (Waters @ Dec 6 2016, 11:07 PM)
when eggy, of all people, is unironically roasting you, i think you need to reevaluate what the fuck you're doing

QUOTE (SwegKingu @ Jan 13 2017, 06:10 PM)
Seriously, fuck this whole NEW team and fuck this sim forever.
.pm   
^
jjaybs
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 01:57 PM
.quote   

S30, S31 and S33 Challenge Cup Champion / Yeah I will change it

Members
Member ID: 2104

N/A

QUOTE (Bojo @ Dec 12 2016, 06:55 PM)

I mean we could simply remove a PT or two to help make room for it a bit. I like the idea, personally.

Note: Any (if any) changes will start in S33.

We could fold it into the seasonal PTs, release two tasks a week, one for TPE and one for money? So you would have a PT, a prediction, an SF, an endorsement task for TPE and one for money. Total of 8 TPE handed out a week, which is roughly what we were aiming for, right, Bojo?

--------------------
user posted image
sigs by lil, enigmatic, engine, lizzywho, jenny and myself

user posted image | user posted image | [user posted image
.pm    .email   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | SHL Discussion | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll