welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Zoone16
Evok

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
Joester09

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 40th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Minnesota Chiefs for winning the Season 39 Challenge Cup, and the St. Louis Scarecrows for winning the Season 39 Four Star Cup!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) .reply    .new topic    .new poll   

» Winnipeg Jets Season 36 Interested Prospects
ztevans
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 10:22 AM
.quote   

S37 Challenge Cup Champion and zcookie zdealer

SMJHL HO
Member ID: 2327
Rep: 152 pts

N/A

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJDHalo3/SHLEmoteJets.pnghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJDHalo3/SHLEmoteJets.pnghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJDHalo3/SHLEmoteJets.pngWINNIPEG JETS SEASON 36 INTERESTED PROSPECTShttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJDHalo3/SHLEmoteJets.pnghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJDHalo3/SHLEmoteJets.pnghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/NJDHalo3/SHLEmoteJets.png

Hello! Thank you for filling out our Interested Prospect survey! Please answer the following questions as honestly as possible - don't worry, there are no right or wrong answers. We would just like to know more about you before this season's SHL Entry Draft.

1. What would you like to accomplish in the SHL with your player?

2. What style of player are you building? Feel free to elaborate beyond the "archetype" SHL starting build (playmaker, sniper, offensive defenseman, etc.).

3. How would you describe your presence on the site? Do you tend to stick to the locker room discussion or do you also like to publish media, create graphics, engage in discussions throughout the league, etc.

4. Could you see yourself playing for the Winnipeg Jets for an extended period of time?

5. Would you like to be called up to the SHL fairly quickly, after two or three SMJHL seasons? Or do you want to spend a little more time in juniors?

6. What makes you different from other players in your draft class?

7. Alright, I'm cheating, this isn't really a question. Do you have any questions for me? Please, message me! I would love to chat with you one-on-one about the Winnipeg Jets!

Thank you, and go Jets!

--------------------
user posted image
Sigs by @Jogurtaa, @Maxy, @mel24, and @Wasty

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT
1. Winnipeg Jets , Zach Evans 3 (Gary Grease 2, Alek Koivu 6) at 3:12
2. Winnipeg Jets , Zach Evans 4 (Isaac Cormier-Hale 5, Big Manious 3) at 7:48
3. Winnipeg Jets , Corey Bearss 2 (Pietra Volkova 6, Zach Evans 5) at 14:24 (PP)
4. Winnipeg Jets , Pietra Volkova 4 (Zach Evans 6, Max Weber 5) at 15:49 (PP)
5. Winnipeg Jets , Corey Bearss 3 (Zach Evans 7, Isaac Cormier-Hale 6) at 9:42
8. Winnipeg Jets , Corey Bearss 4 (Zach Evans 8, Alek Koivu 8) at 17:16

user posted image user posted image user posted image
Player Page | Update Page
.pm    .email   
^
Sleepy
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 12:05 PM
.quote   

The Tank Commander

SMJHL GM
Member ID: 2646
Rep: 37 pts

N/A
N/A

1. What would you like to accomplish in the SHL with your player? I want to be the very best, that no one ever was.

2. What style of player are you building? Feel free to elaborate beyond the "archetype" SHL starting build (playmaker, sniper, offensive defenseman, etc.). I'm an offensive Dman but ideally, i'd like to shape my player to be an Erik Karlsson-esq dynamo.

3. How would you describe your presence on the site? Do you tend to stick to the locker room discussion or do you also like to publish media, create graphics, engage in discussions throughout the league, etc. I pre much do it all. I'm on discord daily, I'm on the forum LR daily. I write media, I make graphics for people, though I have yet to submit any for grading. Idk if i will.

4. Could you see yourself playing for the Winnipeg Jets for an extended period of time? Ideally I want to play for the team that drafts me for my whole career, baring any crazy shit or whatever.

5. Would you like to be called up to the SHL fairly quickly, after two or three SMJHL seasons? Or do you want to spend a little more time in juniors? Either way is fine, I wouldn't mind at least 1 more season in the J, and be called up immediately afterwards, but if I'm needed, by all means, call me up.

6. What makes you different from other players in your draft class? Our draft class is nuts from how good some of us are, and I definitely don't deserve to be drafted ahead of some of them, but what I think I bring to the table is level-headedness and the ability to adapt to different circumstances. I'm dedicated and I plan on being loyal to the team that drafts me as well.

7. Alright, I'm cheating, this isn't really a question. Do you have any questions for me? Please, message me! I would love to chat with you one-on-one about the Winnipeg Jets! What is your spaghetti policy in this fine establishment?

ily, thanks for reading z.

This post has been edited by Sleepy: Jul 16 2017, 02:04 PM

--------------------

#DIDITFORDILDO

arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3
user posted image
user posted image | user posted image | user posted image | user posted image | user posted image
---
First Kebab Goal -- Thursday, December 28, 2017
CODE
6. Hamilton Steelhawks, Nour Harrak 4 (Oliver König, Dwayne Wyder) at 19:40

.pm   
^
TheDangaZone
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 12:10 PM
.quote   

N/A

Head Office
Member ID: 2638
Rep: 33 pts

N/A
N/A

I obviously want to have the best player I can possibly have but I'd rather championships over individual trophies every time. Both would be nice though.

2. What style of player are you building? Feel free to elaborate beyond the "archetype" SHL starting build (playmaker, sniper, offensive defenseman, etc.).
I want a good TWD. I plan on being a shoot first D over the typical pass first D but I also didn't skimp out on defense like OFD sometimes do.

3. How would you describe your presence on the site? Do you tend to stick to the locker room discussion or do you also like to publish media, create graphics, engage in discussions throughout the league, etc.
I'm constantly on the discord and checking the site. I've created a decent amount of media but I'm no good with graphics. I talk on the forums plenty as well.

4. Could you see yourself playing for the Winnipeg Jets for an extended period of time?
Definitely! As long as I'm having fun and enjoying myself I would love to stay with a team.

5. Would you like to be called up to the SHL fairly quickly, after two or three SMJHL seasons? Or do you want to spend a little more time in juniors?
Whatever is best for the team to be honest. I'd love to stay in juniors a little longer just to make sure when I was called up I had plenty of TPE to contribute but I'm open to changing that.

My enthusiasm for not only my player but for the team. I think I bring a great energy to a LR. I also think that being a shoot first TWD who isn't a liability in his own zone is quite different then the norm.

7. Alright, I'm cheating, this isn't really a question. Do you have any questions for me? Please, message me! I would love to chat with you one-on-one about the Winnipeg Jets!
Why do you suck so bad according to everyone?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

.pm   
^
CampinKiller
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 12:46 PM
.quote   

N/A

Player Updaters
Member ID: 2281
Rep: 19 pts

N/A
N/A

Be a good top 6 guy, score goals, hit everyone in sight, and fight Zach Evans in practice. Or in a game if I'm drafted elsewhere. And win some Cups, baby.

Power forward with an offensive flair, think James Neal, but without the early dirtiness and more hitting and willingness to get physical.

I discuss things on the boards, as well as shitpost. Pretty active on discord as well. I have a podcast, it's new, and it's something, but it's there! I also am a backup updater.

Yes.

It really doesn't matter to me, it's whatever the team needs. If that means sitting in juniors for 4 seasons, so be it. If it means getting my dick kicked in by being immediately called up, then fun times.

I've been through the process before, I know what to expect, and I'm also in the LR http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0049.gif Also I have bank and TPE

7. Alright, I'm cheating, this isn't really a question. Do you have any questions for me?

Two questions, my boy:

1. Is a hotdog a sandwich?
2. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

This post has been edited by CampinKiller: Jul 16 2017, 12:46 PM

--------------------
RW Colton Hagan || #37 || Updates || Age: 24 || Current Team: Texas Renegades user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

First SHL Goal: S38 vs. LAP: 5. Texas Renegades , Colton Hagan 1 (Vladimir Lidstrom, Vasily Horvat) at 17:28 (PP)

First Career Hat Trick: S39 vs. LAP:
3. Texas Renegades , Colton Hagan 1 (Eddie Andrezjeck 1, Vladimir Lidstrom 1) at 17:08 (PP)
7. Texas Renegades , Colton Hagan 2 (Sven Karlsson 1, Vladimir Lidstrom 2) at 14:31
8. Texas Renegades , Colton Hagan 3 (Kjell Eide 1, Hermanis Villy 1) at 19:12 (Empty Net)

QUOTE (Zach Evans)
Then Tuesday rolls around, oh I can't do Tuesday I can't reach the record button @pris

QUOTE (Sleepy)
pretty soon CKs sig is gonna be taller than Pris
.pm   
^
Evok
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 01:07 PM
.quote   

N/A

Simmer
Member ID: 2699
Rep: 33 pts

N/A

uhhhh stuff like score goals i guess. IDK anything that can help the team.

I'm doing a sniper. there is nothing else in my mind beyong this archetype

I'm like tomen. LR, Media. I dont do a lot of discutions tho on the forum.

i want to be as loyal to the team who draft me as possible.

If 'fairly' quickly for you is 2-3 seasons, that sound fine by me, but i dont mind staying longuer

I'm a job hoarder, media spammer and TPE whore,

Why u do this Evans

Thank you, and go Jets!

--------------------
Profile | Updates
Halifax Raiders
Team Ireland
.pm   
^
Clint Eastwood
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 01:36 PM
.quote   

N/A

SHL Media Graders
Member ID: 2614
Rep: 24 pts

N/A
N/A

Gold and Bling (Cups and money)

Defensive defenseman. Very physical. Leads in the locker room verbally. Think of Johnny Boychuk

I like to do media. I've been discouraged lately because I accidently deleted two big pieces of media. However, I love chilling in the locker room.

Definitely. Wherever I go (besides Buffalo), I want to and plan on staying there for a long time. However, that's not all under my control.

I'd like to spend a good amount of time in the juniors.

I'm 15, everyone else is the 18+. I also am edgy when I'm tired.

I may PM you some questions.

Okay.

Secret: I didn't know this team existed until a week ago.

--------------------
user posted image

Player Page

Player Updates

Dump And Chase Enthusiast
.pm   
^
Banjo
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 02:21 PM
.quote   

S10, S12 Challenge Cup Champion

HOF Committee
Member ID: 71
Rep: 94 pts

N/A

Win many cups and be a hall of fame caliber player. And of course, make a lot of friends along the way.

A solid two way defender with strong abilities on both sides of the ice.

I really enjoy the locker room and locker room discussions. I also post media at times, and I would like to get involved with league discussions more than I did in the past.

Absolutely. I have always respected the Jets franchise and I could definitely see myself playing in Winnipeg for a long time.

Willing to do whatever is best for the team.

I have so much experience on this site (been around since season 5) and I have a proven history of being a leader. I know what it takes to be on a championship team and I would love to share my experiences and make new ones in Winnipeg.

I do not, at the moment. I will be sure to reach out to you if I do think of any. Thanks!

--------------------
Career of Jackson Turska by Toast
user posted image
^Sig by Wasty^

.pm   
^

artermis
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 02:22 PM
.quote   

Patron Saint of the SMJHL

IIHF Commissioner
Member ID: 1119
Rep: 50 pts

N/A

A successful career quite simply. Constant improvement will keep me on the team.

An offensive forward that can fill any hole on any line, let it be a scorer, passer or defensive forward (except enforcer http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/tongue/tongue0021.gif ).

I will be posting annual media and I engage in discussions relevant to me, so I'm all over the place.

Whoever drafts me will likely see a hand-full of seasons of improvement from me, which will make me stay for a while probably.

Probably will be around 2-3 seasons once I'm not improving my numbers anymore, then I'll come up.

My build is quite well-rounded, not sure if anyone else has that though. Plus, I've had the privilege of having a job stolen by you . . . twice, so thx.

nah fam, cept give me a job?

--------------------
QUOTE (MWHazard)
i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal

QUOTE (Justice @ Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM)
4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh

QUOTE (McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM)

FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY

user posted image
user posted image

.pm    .email   
^
Seabass9975
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 03:34 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2727
Rep: 1 pts

N/A
N/A

To be a good team player and best enforcer in the league.

An enforcer who can also play some decent and hardworking hockey.

I'm more of a locker room kind of guy.

Yeah, I don't see why not.

Whatever is best for the team. I would prefer to stay in the SMJHL for a couple of seasons.

I am one of the few enforcers in the league and am a very team oriented player who is not extremely concerned about stats.

I'll let you know if I think of any.
.pm   
^
bluesfan55
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 06:43 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2724
Rep: 36 pts

N/A
N/A

Win a Challenge Cup and record at least 60 points
2. What style of player are you building? Feel free to elaborate beyond the "archetype" SHL starting build (playmaker, sniper, offensive defenseman, etc.). I'm a sniper, but I plan to be known as a two-way RW who can shoot well and has good handling but is a solid defender as well.

I'm a huge LR guy but I do enage in League discussions and publish media.
Yes. Nereus is the GM and he's in the STL locker room, and I like him so I can see myself playing for Winnipeg for a long time.
Two or three SMJHL seasons seems to me like the perfect time to be called up.
I'm a great locker room guy who's been applauded as one of the most coachable players in the SMJHL, and I'm also willing to tweak my game to improve
7. Alright, I'm cheating, this isn't really a question. Do you have any questions for me? Please, message me! I would love to chat with you one-on-one about the Winnipeg Jets! If I did Evans you'd be seeing them in discord (I've already asked Nereus)

This post has been edited by bluesfan55: Jul 16 2017, 07:51 PM

--------------------
user posted image
.pm   
^
gfridge
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 08:38 AM
.quote   

S37 Challenge Cup Champion

Members
Member ID: 2651
Rep: 30 pts

N/A

Be a cool dude that dies in a totally rad way once regression hits

Eventually would like to be a Kris Letang type -- skating, puck-carrying dman that helps to quarterback the PP.

I'm all up ins on the media, and very active in our team Discord. Not so much posting around the league on forums though.

Sure, why not

No preference, whatever the team needs

I'm going to rewrite STHS and we'll have a better sim

Nope, good luck!

--------------------

user posted image

Profile | Updates
.pm    .email   
^
rowser
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 10:08 AM
.quote   

rowser snake

Members
Member ID: 2618
Rep: 1 pts

N/A
N/A

user posted image

(I'm really more into getting those As but scoring is also nice)

I think I fit squarely into the archetype of two way dman, I'm trying to rack up those points while also having good d game.

Our locker room on the site isn't very active, so I'm on discord a lot. I also create graphics and engage in general tomfoolery.

Of course! I'm really pleased with how my build is moving forward, and I think it'll be a while before I retire Lui.

Wherever I'm needed/wanted, I'll be there.

I like to think I'm one of the better people at graphics, and I have shoved them out fairly weekly (before this current break I was on because of finals and other life things). I can also write fairly well, and I did throw out a big 3k+ words piece, which took me around a week, even with school going on. As such, I have a pretty padded bank account right now.

Who's more southern, you or CampinKiller?

--------------------
user posted image     PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES ||TWITTER      user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

.pm    .email   
^
Loco
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 07:39 PM
.quote   

v cute guy

Members
Member ID: 2644
Rep: 39 pts

N/A
N/A

be better than zach evans

one that is better than zach evans (really easy build)

i am a presence

no

want to spend forever in juniors

i'm sadder

k

--------------------
.pm    .email    .gmail    .aim    .yahoo    .msn   
^
Jiggly_333
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 03:30 PM
.quote   

N/A

Members
Member ID: 2709
Rep: 6 pts

N/A
N/A

To revolutionize my position. I want to hit hard and score often. That's my goal.

A Scoring Enforcer. A brawler, a wrecking ball, and a sniper mixed into one skater.

I'd like to do everything, it's just finding the motivation (and ideas) to do things is the trouble.

As long as there's no Chicago team, I'm happy wherever I am.

I'd like enough time in the juniors to develop Koda into the player I'd like her to be.

I mean, there's the gifs. I could also say desire to win, but any good player has that. I think my player's style is quite unique, but I haven't really looked at everyone else's players. So yeah, gifs.
user posted image

Who is this player, no cheating:
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image Player Page user posted image Update Page user posted image
CODE
1:38 of 2nd period - Shot by Dakota Reid.
1:38 of 2nd period - Goal by Dakota Reid - St. Louis Scarecrows : 2 - Montreal Militia : 1.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
18:41 of 2nd period - Shot by Smirnov Light Jr..
18:41 of 2nd period - Shot Misses the Net.
18:43 of 2nd period - Shot by Dakota Reid.
18:43 of 2nd period - Goal by Dakota Reid - Seattle Riot : 3 - San Francisco Pride : 2.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
2:10 of 2nd period - Shot by Dakota Reid.
2:10 of 2nd period - Goal by Dakota Reid - United Kingdom : 1 - Norway : 2.

QUOTE (Julien Baker)
This will have to be funny, or else it'll just be sad.

.pm   
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Winnipeg Jets | Next Newest »

.options    Pages: (2) 1 2  .reply    .quick reply    .new topic    .new poll