welcome

SHL Discord

Welcome to the Simulation Hockey League!

The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
staff
League Management
expand/close

OWNERS:
Leafs4ever
jkrever
Spangle
Trill
teztify

COMMISSIONERS:
Eggy216

SMJHL COMMISSIONERS:
Storm
ztevans
Rabidsponge21

HEAD OFFICE:
CRUTCHFIELD
Formx
prettyburn
ArGarBarGar
Avakael
Copenhagen

SHL GENERAL MANAGERS
Buffalo Stampede:
WannabeFinn

Hamilton Steelhawks:
ThatDamnMcJesus
Gooney

Manhattan Rage:
NUCK
TheRealBK

Minnesota Chiefs:
Baelor Swift
Andybj

New England Wolfpack:
Eggy216
Toivo

Toronto North Stars:
Symmetrik

West Kendall Platoon:
Beaujeaux
JR95

Calgary Dragons:
Steelhead77
c00kies

Edmonton Blizzard:
karlssens
Ace

Los Angeles Panthers:
Wasty
vbottas17

San Francisco Pride:
Grapehead
Joester09

Seattle Riot:
Abdeezy
r1c3bowl22

Texas Renegades:
Phobospwns

Winnipeg Jets:
Nereus
MWHazard

SMJHL GENERAL MANAGERS:
Detroit Falcons:
TheWoZy
Waters

Halifax Raiders:
FourFour
Shmurph

Montreal Militia:
drodger91
ConnorTanner

St. Louis Scarecrows:
TML99
JKortesi81

Colorado Mammoths:
ToeDragon84
InciteHysteria

Kelowna Knights:
Samee
NourFFAK

Prince George Firebirds:
spooked
Sleepy

Vancouver Whalers:
DrunkenTeddy
adamantium
twitter
news
The Simulation Hockey League's 38th Season is currently underway!

Congratulations to the Winnipeg Jets for winning the Season 37 Challenge Cup, and the Detroit Falcons for winning the Season 37 Four Star Cup!

.locked    .new topic    .new poll   

» How to Update
Dangles13
 Posted: May 2 2016, 06:55 AM
.quote   

Da S26 Rural Whore

Members
Member ID: 1891
Rep: 151 pts

N/A

Hello rookies,

You have signed up for the SHL and have hopefully created a player, now you might be wondering what to do. I would suggest that you create your update thread, head here and create a new topic with a title that looks sort of like this:

[S30] D - SAMPLE PLAYER Updates
If you include your draft season, position and player name as it makes things easier for the updaters.

Now that you have created your update thread it is time to claim some TPE and improve your player. I would recommend saving the Update Scale in the first post for future reference and include weakness and strength caps.

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR UPDATES IN ONE POST UNTIL AN UPDATER COMES ALONG AND POSTS "UPDATED" PLEASE.

After all of that it is time to claim your points. Use the following example as a guide:

+1 - Award Name Prediction
+3 - S28 PT #1 - 3 capped

Total Points Earned: 4

643 + 4 = 647
-1 Banked (2)

Adjusted Attributes:
+5 - Skating (80 >> 80 5/8)

+3 - S1 PT Cap: 14/35

Let us breakdown that in more detail.

+3 - S28 PT #1 - 3 capped

TPE: This is where you would post how much TPE you can claim for that task.

Link and Description: For this part you need to link to your post where you earned TPE. This can be done by clicking on the part of your post that says: Posted: Apr 11 2016, 08:14 AM and copying the link. Once you have that saved click on the http:// button and post the link in the box. Now when you title your claim it is always a good idea to use the title of the thread you posted in and also try to include a date so your updater has a good reference of when your work was done.

The next part is where you would total up your TPE for that update and also update your total TPE. Make sure you update your TPE from your last update and not from your base build. Your starting build is 155 TPE so it would be something like 155 >> 165. In the example below I earned 4 TPE so it went 643 >> 647. I also spent one banked point, so I show my updater my new total after I took that one out.

Total Points Earned: 4
643 + 4 = 647

-1 Banked (2)

After you have added everything it is time to apply your TPE. Post your starting attribute number and the new attribute number. You can include the amount of TPE applied but it isn't necessary.

Adjusted Attributes:
+5 - Skating (80 >> 80 5/8)

Applied Amount of TPE: This is where you would show how much TPE you are using to upgrade one attribute.

New Attribute Level:
This is where you show how much your skill has gone up. In this example it takes 8 TPE to go up by 1 so you would show it as a fraction instead of a whole number.

Finally, in regards to the PT cap:

Each player is required to keep track of how much capped TPE they have earned and applied. Most player progression activities (such as point tasks) are capped; Championship Week activities, side activities, and recruitment bonuses are generally not capped and do not need to be counted.

+3 - S1 PT Cap: 14/35

The number out front is how much out of your TPE earned in a particular update is capped. For this update, our example earned 3 capped points for completing a point task, so they will need to add 3 points to their PT cap to bring them from 11 to 14 points.

The number at the back is how much TPE you have earned out of your allowed seasonal total. SMJHL rookies (first-season players) have a seasonal PT cap of 30. All other players (SHL send-downs and players) have a seasonal PT cap of 35. Towards the end of a season, if you complete a point task that puts you over the limit, make sure you make a note of it for your updater, ex.:

+1 - S28 PT #6 - 3 capped ***This puts me over my seasonal cap of 35 TPE, so I am only able to claim 1 of the available 3 capped points.

If you ever have a question(s) it is a good idea to message your updater and work with them to find an acceptable solution. If you cannot reach a solution or cannot get in touch with your updater, please PM the head updater so your issue can be resolved ASAP.

This post has been edited by akamai: Nov 30 2016, 04:16 PM

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
.pm   
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Create a Player | Next Newest »

.options    .locked    .new topic    .new poll