The SHL is a hockey player sim league that has been running strong for over thirty seasons in its current iteration! Through the use of Simon T. Hockey Simulator and a unique progression system, the SHL promises to be just what you're looking for and more!
SHL Media Graders Posts: 237 Joined: 27-November 17 Member ID: 2895 Rep: 11 pts
Ladies and gentlemen the time has finally come for us to announce the general managers for teams in the upcoming World Junior Championships. Before we get into who the general managers are, there are some things to clear up.
1. Team USA and Team Canada drafts Both teams will be involved in a player draft in the WJC GMs discord. The order in which teams will pick has been chosen using a fair random number generator (video found here). Team USA White will choose first, Team USA Blue will choose second. Team Canada Red will choose first, Team Canada Black will choose second. The drafts will snake drafts, so the order will go like this: 1. Team USA White/Team Canada Red 2. Team USA Blue/Team Canada Black 3. Team USA Blue/Team Canada Black 4. Team USA White/Team Canada Red 5. Team USA White/Team Canada Red 6. Team USA Blue/Team Canada Black etc. We believe this is the best way to give both teams a chance to compete in the tournament.
2. Roster Submission General Managers will have until Wednesday the 17th of January 2018 (1/17/18) at 11:59 PM EST to submit their rosters to myself (caltroit_red_flames), except Team British Isles and Team Mercenaries who will have extended periods.
3. Team British Isles Roster Submission Extension Team British Isles is allowed to choose players from Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the players not chosen by Team Ireland. After the rosters from other teams are submitted on January 17th, Team British Isles will have an extended period of 2 days until Friday the 19th (1/20/18) at 11:59 PM to submit their rosters. This is to allow the GM of Team British Isles to consider players from Ireland for selection.
4. Team Mercenaries Roster Submission Extension Team Mercenaries is allowed to choose players from Australia, Brazil, Madagascar, New Zealand, South Africa and any players not chosen by the other teams (excluding Ireland to allow Team British Isles to choose their players). After the rosters from other teams are submitted on January 17th, Team Mercenaries will have an extended period of 2 days until Friday the 19th (1/20/18) at 11:59 PM to submit their rosters. This is to allow the GM of Team Mercenaries to consider players from all other teams (except Team Ireland) for selection.
5. Player Managers Managing a team does not mean that your player needs to be on that team (pertaining to the cases of esilverman and rieksts managing teams they are either ineligible for or are unlikely to end up on).
Finally, congratulations to the following users for being chosen as the managers for their teams.